I am sad to tell you ...

KathieB

1 hour ago, L Swearengin said:

Omg Holly that is so not fair. . That is my favorite food stop in ocean springs.  Can't wait to move there and get out  of misery .  I'm addicted to the kibble 

Oh, that is only one of several DH & I have found.  We like to camp in Gautier (there's a HUG thrift tore there) and eat & shop in Ocean Springs.

1 hour ago, KathieB said:

Well, so move soon! We can arrange another meet-up! :) 

What Kathie said!  Plus you'll only be 2 hours from our respective houses, so we can arrange play dates!

• Like 1

I am so sorry that I wasn't able to get away from this work/school stuff going on here, but i am glad that Holly was able to be there for you, Kathie.

On another note:

Lawanda would only be 12 mins from my house....so maybe hurry this whole relocation thing?

9 hours ago, Soapz said:

I am so sorry that I wasn't able to get away from this work/school stuff going on here, but i am glad that Holly was able to be there for you, Kathie.

On another note:

Lawanda would only be 12 mins from my house....so maybe hurry this whole relocation thing?

I had hoped you could have come, too.  It was a nice service.

5 hours ago, L Swearengin said:

We've been going down there every time he gets a couple days off.  I'm not sure when he will finally pull the trigger and retire, but hopefully soon......I don't have any more space for my houses. 

This gets better all the time.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I hesitated to post this, but you are all so dear to me that in the end I decided I need to share it with you.

One of the neighbors stopped by on Sunday to wish me a happy mother's day. :) The next door neighbor came over with a nice plant and some delicious homemade crawfish bisque. I was missing Lloyd, but the day was passed pleasantly enough with phone calls with family, reading on the porch. 

When I was getting ready for bed, I checked my phone one last time and had a message from Lloyd, a photo of a beautiful rose. I was stunned, and at first couldn't figure out where it came from. It was a neither a regular email nor a text message. After a little sleuthing, I finally figured out it it came through my Google+ account, which I once signed up for but never use, and from which I can't remember ever getting a message. I'm guessing Lloyd signed up for Google+ and added me as a friend. But tell me this -- why did the message come through 3-1/2 months after he passed, and on Mother's Day of all days? And a picture of a rose? L was big on giving me flowers. Needless to say, the coincidence opened the floodgates. My eyes mist up even thinking about it.

And considering L was such a Luddite when it came to the internet . . . it boggles the mind. I have felt him close since he passed and talk to him frequently, but aside from the sock that went missing shortly after he passed and has yet to reappear (a running joke between us) or the sweet potato that sprouted on the kitchen counter and is growing vigorously (I can't think how many he tried to start unsuccessfully) -- Well, this rose was the most dramatic sign that he's hanging around, if in fact he is. I like to think so. :) 
  • Like 3

Kathie, I used to do some ghost hunting. In the process of that, I've researched the afterlife and after hearing story upon story about things that happen to people after their loved ones passed away, I have no doubt whatsoever Lloyd is simply watching out for you. If you are talking to him, I'm sure as anything that he is listening to you. And probably thinking of other things he can do for you, too. People pass on, love doesn't.

• Like 1

Kathie, I used to do some ghost hunting. In the process of that, I've researched the afterlife and after hearing story upon story about things that happen to people after their loved ones passed away, I have no doubt whatsoever Lloyd is simply watching out for you. If you are talking to him, I'm sure as anything that he is listening to you. And probably thinking of other things he can do for you, too. People pass on, love doesn't.

Kelly, your second post only  posted twice; your first one posted five times.  And Kathie, that sounds exactly like something Lloyd would do.  Next time you talk to him, give him our regards.  I firmly believe our loved ones continue to look out for us after they pass.

• Like 2

OMG - I didn't even know the second post posted twice till I just now looked at it! And the first one posted 5 times, not just 2? Mods, do what you want with them!

Kathie, please tell Lloyd that in the future, one post only.