Joining in from Michigan

Just G

Hello Everyone,

Like so many other new members, I too am glad to have found this site and was pointed here earlier by another member Thank you.

I live in Rochester Hills, Michigan and just purchased my first home; a vintage Farmhouse, that was started and never finished. Its in all raw materials, so I plan to continue, make a few modifications and add electricity.  I have worked on real homes, but never a miniature and find it amazing, a great place to unwind and be creative.  Did anyone else find themselves running in all directions with excitement to do this and that?  I find I have to slow down and take one thing at a time; quality not quantity! :)  

Well what I have is called,  The Colonial Estate and made by S/W Crafts.  If anyone knows anything about this one, please I would love to know as I can't find much information about it or the company as it is out of business.  

I hope to hear from some of you about your experiences and expertise in the miniature world. It's an amazing little world! 

Thank you, Gloria 

smhouse.jpg

smhouse2.jpg

41 minutes ago, Just G said:

Did anyone else find themselves running in all directions with excitement to do this and that?

Welcome, Gloria.  Yes!  At any given moment, I have about ten different things I'd like to be working on--from accessories, to furniture, to things on the structure itself.  I wish I had unlimited time, or could clone myself, so that I could do all the things I want to do.  :)

• Like 1

Hi!

Thanks! Its good to hear from you and yes, you are not to far.   I only know of Miniature Makers Workshop in Royal Oak, a Train and Hobby shop on Utica Road and Hobby Lobby.  Are there any other places in our area?  I'm doing a renovation of the S/W Crafts Country Estate from the 70's and its quite large.  Just last night decided to knock out all 11 of  the windows and replace with the working double-hung windows so Im in search of those and a whole lot more. Have you seen these or installed them? I was reluctant at first to replace, but the acrylic was not cut properly, some were loose and most were cut to short.  Once I got started with the first one, I removed a couple more.  Now, like the real house, buget for new windows.  LOL

Thanks for your directions I had no idea the mini world was so awesome.  

Take care!  

I like the windows from hobby lobby. They go on sale for 40% off a few times a year. Miniatures.com has everything you can imagine and the Greenleaf store here also has fabulous items. 

Frankenmuth has a mini store in the basement of Raus. There is a store on little mack and 10 mile. 

Take your time, read the tutorials, look at the pictures. It's fun and addicting.

• Like 1

On 2/3/2017, 3:13:53, Just G said:

Did anyone else find themselves running in all directions with excitement to do this and that?  I find I have to slow down and take one thing at a time; quality not quantity! :)  

Oh yes... it sometimes can be overwhelming.. all those ideas so little time... lol

Well that's not true, you have all the time in the world... unless you are impatient like me. :D

You have a lovely Country Estate there... it's quite a rare one to find these days as are all S/W Crafts houses.. don't know why, but they are so, good catch!