Question about lights

Imblessedwth6

I don't electrify my builds for me, because the expense isn't justified to me because lights just don't add anything to my pleasure when I play with them.  If I were buiding for someone else and they wanted to pay for it, I'd install lights.

All of my builds have lights.  I don't find it difficult at all to install the tapewire. I am a born problem solver so I have the temperament for it. As long as you have a plan, purchase lights with screw-in replaceable bulbs and make really good connections as you go along, you shouldn't have any problems.  My favorite YouTube on lighting keeps disappearing from the web. If I find it I will post it.

• Like 1

I make my own non-working lights.  Like Holly, I don't think the expense is worth it, and it is more fun for me to make the lights from odds and ends. That said, I do admire the dollhouses that others electrify.

I wired my dollhouse with a set of clear battery operated Christmas lights from a $2 shop. Fiddly but worth it. The power pack is in the roof cavity. The only problem is they all turn on at once which I don't mind. I built this house for a 5 year old and thought it to be safer.

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone. I am a grandmother and built this dollhouse for my 5 year old granddaughter in the hope it will grow with her. I have been absent from this site due to ill health, but I'm back on deck now. I have built a 2 story doll house from scratch using my own design which took me 18 months to complete. There is a nursery, 2 bedrooms, one of which, the master, has a built in robe along one wall, complete with sliding mirrored doors, 2 bathrooms, a laundry and an attic which is used for storage and the lighting swith box. Most rooms are 12 x 12 giving my little people enough room to move about the house. Looking from the front the door, the door at the back of each room does actually lead to another room. The dining room has a large archway through to the kitchen. There is a hallway upstairs leading to the bedrooms and batroom.I have made a sliding glass door in the kitchen which opens onto a slide out back yard. Yes, I am quite proud of what I have achieved and my granddaghter loves it.

119_Front_Entrance_with_Name_Plaque.JPG

44_Front-Night_time.JPG

55_Back_yard.JPG

Hi Kathie,

Yes I do. I have attached a few for you. I lost quite a few of them when my computer crashed. :cry: The photos I have attached are the only overall ones I have apart from individual rooms of which I have added a couple. I am in the process of making more cupboards, a laundry tub and a clothes dryer.

46_Inside_Front_Nightlights.JPG

49_Inside_Back_Nightlights.JPG

74_Centre_of_FAmily_Room.JPG

85_Main_Bedroom.JPG

Hi Holly,

Thank you. Just a good quality regular doll house carpet from the 'Doll House Emporium' in England. I found by trial and error that there is 'good' and 'cheap' qualities in carpets as well as wallpapers.

Thanks Kathie. I did find it very hard to source a variety of modern building supplies, furniture, wallpapers and accessories at the time without paying an arm and a leg. As it was, I had the moulding for the sliding doors specifically made to order in the US. All up I spent in excess of $1300 at which time I stopped calculating. There is really no limit and it will never be truly finished.