Hello from West Texas

Garnet

Hello,

I'm new to the dollhouse building world. I do have a few furniture and just bought a mini table saw for hobby building. I was going to complete a dollhouse that someone else started but decided to build my own. I purchased the RGT painted Lady and hope to build a house for my daughter that will be ready by Christmas hopefully. 

Here in El Paso all we have is Hobby Lobby so I will most likely be making some custom made pieces. I do get overwhelmed easily but I really want to finish this project.  

Welcome to the little family, Alex.  Take it in little installments and you will be fine.  If it's not finished by this Christmas, will your daughter be old enough to help you finish it?  If not, then it will be there for her birthday or for next Christmas.  As our Tracy says, "Inch by inch it's a cinch, but by the yard it's hard." Making furniture nd accessories and people in 1:12 is a lot of fun,  once you get into it. 

Make sure use all safety precautions with the table saw. ALWAYS wear safety goggles! I can't tell you how many times wood or stone has shot back at me.  Protect your eyes!  Also, learn how to manipulate your fingers to guide the wood along the fence. Make sure you understand the "kerf" of the blade. A blade can easily cut off more wood than you wanted because you didn't account for the blade's thickness. If you have questions pertaining to the table saw, please ask me.

On 2/3/2017, 3:03:28, Garnet said:

Hello,

I'm new to the dollhouse building world. I do have a few furniture and just bought a mini table saw for hobby building. I was going to complete a dollhouse that someone else started but decided to build my own. I purchased the RGT painted Lady and hope to build a house for my daughter that will be ready by Christmas hopefully. 

Here in El Paso all we have is Hobby Lobby so I will most likely be making some custom made pieces. I do get overwhelmed easily but I really want to finish this project.  

Alex check out this site: Painted Lady

On ‎2017‎-‎02‎-‎03‎ ‎21‎:‎03‎:‎28, Garnet said:

Hello,

Hello and welcome, when I read that you were in El Paso this http://wannainelpaso.com/ popped up in my mind as Wanna to is located in El Paso, not sure if it is the same though...

Looking forward to seeing your build take form

19 hours ago, Samusa said:

Hi Alex, :wave:

The painted lady is a nice house! I'm working on a Duracraft San Franciscan which has a similar look. I'll be interested to see your progress photos. :D

Hi I was actually looking at the dura craft since it is lighter in weight and had more detail. But I bought a kit once From someone and a lot of the pieces were missing so I decided not to buy kits from other people after that fiasco. Unfortunately idk how to upload photos yet.