New member from NC

Indiemini

Hi all,

I am new to dollhouses. I been rehabbing my house for 10 years and decided to live in peace for a while by working on dollhouses instead of my house.  Ha. Little did I know. I am working on the Alison Jr and I heard about people finishing it in a week. I been working on mine for a month lol. I wanted a modern doll house and couldn't find an affordable one so I decided to make this one my own design with a few mods. Very brave of me being my first house I know. I can't wait to start working on the inside but I still have a long way to go

IMG_20170204_1100066_rewind_kindlephoto-126248310.jpg

Edited by Indiemini
Spell check changed my words
  • Like 2

Hi Jacki ..welcome! I started here last week and lots of helpful people. I have loved dollhouses my whole life but haven't had one since I was a little girl. Still have my furniture collection but didn't have a dollhouse to put it in. My hubby found me one on Ebay to rehab (the kits intimidated me). It is a kit built house and still in great shape, just needs a loving touch. Progress has slowed down because we are actually starting to rehab our lifesize house now. LOL. So I am just the opposite of you.  Yours is really nice and probably a good start,  I look forward to seeing your progress.

Joanne

• Like 1

3 hours ago, josiebee said:

Hi Jacki ..welcome! I started here last week and lots of helpful people. I have loved dollhouses my whole life but haven't had one since I was a little girl. Still have my furniture collection but didn't have a dollhouse to put it in. My hubby found me one on Ebay to rehab (the kits intimidated me). It is a kit built house and still in great shape, just needs a loving touch. Progress has slowed down because we are actually starting to rehab our lifesize house now. LOL. So I am just the opposite of you.  Yours is really nice and probably a good start,  I look forward to seeing your progress.

Joanne

It's killing me not to work on my house but pretty nice not to be living in chaos lol. Good luck with your Reno. I been on houzz saving ideas. Going to do some things in the doll house I wish I could do in my real house.  Hopefully it won't drive me crazy!! 

Welcome Jackie :wave:

Your Allison looks like it is coming along nicely. I think quite a few of us here do things in our dollhouse that we would love to do in our own but can't for whatever reason. It's a good way to work out that frustration. :D

Its the best of both worlds/  Don't have to necessarily work, just look good.  don't have to worry about code inspectors.  can put things together with a little glue LOL

I just finished putting on the outside windows and I used a 3D pen to make an overlay on my front door.  I am going to check out your site

i just checked out your site (SAMUSA) and so wanted to make a comment on your stair wall tongue and groove post but it appears you have comments turned off.  Amyway Loved it.  I have to find a balance between my build and working on some pieces.  

On 2/4/2017, 7:12:37, mesp2k said:

Hi Jacki, welcome! 

THANK YOU.  I visited your blog and you have good information as well as a lot of good links.  Oh i cant wait to get on a full roll.  I kind of want to go on vacation so I can work on my dollhouse fulltime LOL.

On 2/14/2017, 4:21:10, Indiemini said:

i just checked out your site (SAMUSA) and so wanted to make a comment on your stair wall tongue and groove post but it appears you have comments turned off.  Amyway Loved it.  I have to find a balance between my build and working on some pieces.  

I checked out my site, and the comments section is there but you have to click on the actual blog post to get to them. They are all the way at the bottom in an Airmail envelope. Weird set up. I might have to change my theme. :rolleyes: