Some rooms of my house

Bernie Reyes

Fairfield house room
In this room of the house we delayed a lot because of how difficult it was to find furniture suitable for the 1:24 scale, and many of them were very expensive. The simplest thing was to decorate the walls and the floor, with decorative paper and models that are in my city. For the furniture we got for ebay a game of England room, and some lamps.
Appliances also bought online, a vintage sound equipment and a Hitachi TV from Asia, some pictures made by my mother and others we bought. The real problem came with the finishing touches, we bought some sets of lights, but the central chandelier in the room is not kept well lit, and in my country it is very difficult to find replacement of the small 3 volt batteries, the cr927. We bought a carpet a month ago on ebay for the room, but it has not yet arrived.

Dinning room
Here we had the problem of the price of the bakers and the cabinets, but in the same way we bought online a set of tables, chairs, and a clock, and later a showcase. On the wall we decorate with a mirror. We had to combine a 1/24 scale cabinet with a 1/12 scale chest of drawers to set the cabinet...
Also we bought in my city a Christmas card with Andean fabrics and ornaments, with it we made material to make a carpet and a wall ornament, which gives it a touch of country, as some (XD) would say. The lamp in this room is a electric 1:12 scale; but there is still another 1:24 scale lamp, which we buy online but it still does not arrive. I guess we were inexperienced and bought without looking if they offered track number.

For the library we used some printable books we found in the internet. And we used more Christmas souvenir card to make holiday´s decoration

living room.JPG

living room lamps.JPG

living room tv, radio phone.JPG

dinning room.JPG

only 1 lamp.JPG

only1lamp.JPG

Xmasdinningroom.JPG

xmaslivingroom.JPG

Edited by Bernie Reyes
  • Like 2

Just now, havanaholly said:

The lamps don't look that bad.  Did your mother make the rug in the diningroom?  I ended up making the furniture for my Fairfield.  Drawers do not open, but in that scale I didn't care.

The carpet we took from a Christmas card with Andean textiles is a souvenir very common in my city, on the wall there is another decorated with those textiles

9 hours ago, Bernie Reyes said:

The carpet we took from a Christmas card with Andean textiles is a souvenir very common in my city, on the wall there is another decorated with those textiles

What a clever idea!  I also noticed the table runner.  I love the bright, cheery colors.

You have collected some really nice pieces! I have that same 'vintage stereo', haven't decided if I'll use it in my build or stick to pre 50s tech... it's a really fantastic piece, pics don't do it justice. Also love that vitrine top, and the rug is fantastic, love vibrant country colors! The 1:12 scale table is a bit oversized, but I'm cool with mixing diferent scales. Some Chrysnbon and Farrow Industries plastic accessory kits can work for 1:24 as well.

I got a battery powered 3 arm chandelier like that model for a roombox and know exactly what you mean.... not sure what to do about it, I didn't want to wire the box but the low power leds aren't enough to light it up :/ Can't imagine it being easy to find 1:24 battery operated lamps, hopefully in the future there will be more variety availiable.

If you have trouble finding furniture in this size you might also want to check some 1:24 furniture kits, there are several suppliers of affordable precut wood kits that are easy to assemble and customize. I personally recomend Karen Benson, Mini Etchers and Arjen Spinhoven but there are many more, Red Cottage Miniatures on Etsy has some really cute country kits but I haven't tried those yet. Usually these kits are cut to order so they might take a while to arrive, around 30 days or more waiting time in some cases.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Hello again. On this occasion I show details of the hallway to the attic of my Fairfield house. We had to make a hole in the third floor and built an access ladder. Then I have a photo of how the house looks from the side, showing the three floors

pas.jpgcasailuminada.jpg

Edited by Bernie Reyes
  • Like 1

The bedrooms that are accessed by the hall are different, both have tv (the blue has a vintage tv, the rose a flat TV taken from a model store), wardrobe, bed (the bed of the pink room is taken from the Set of furniture of the houses Calico), etc. But they are located differently, in addition one is pink, another blue. The illumination is also different, and the pink room has a telephone.

alcobazul.JPG

alcobarosa.JPG

Edited by Bernie Reyes

The last sector of the attic is the laundry area, where we also have a boiler, the sewing machine, some boxes where are kept ornaments, the washing machine, a clothes line and the ironing table.

lavanderia.jpg

IMG_0790 (2).jpg

Edited by Bernie Reyes

• 2 months later...