Beacon Hill Front Porch Roof

Evy

This is our first dollhouse project and all has been well up to this point. We are having a problem with the front porch roof. The posts are all done to hold up the roof but the pieces of the roof part seem to have a gap between the actual roof and the portion that holds up the posts. My husband and I have been trying to figure this one out on our own but we are stuck. Any help would be appreciated.

Evy

• Like 1

I ran into a problem with the BH porch roof, too. I abandoned the porch for the moment and am now working on the roof. I know this isn't a solution, but sometimes it's good to take a step back and come at a problem at a later date. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Evy,

Did you ever figure out the roof problem? I now have the same trouble.

I've read the directions carefully, several times, but can't figure it out. 

Is the roof to be tilted down to the trim assembly?

Thanks, Robert

OK. Thank you Shannon60 and Havanaholly. I had the gap because I didn't follow the directions, which say, "Tip Trim B [the soffit] up, between arms of assembly, align flush with LOWER edge of main beam section. (G). I had goofed and glued it to the upper edge. After it is glued properly it should look like this (more or less):5cffdedac8226_IMG_3354(1).JPG.168b48de8c

The porch trim assembly was put together using Titebond II Premium. A mixture of equal amounts of water, vinegar, and acetone dissolved the glue without damaging the wood.. Just put a little bit along the joint. Let it sit for about 10 minutes, and then scrape the glue with a very thin object like one of those screwdrivers used to tighten the screws in a pair of eyeglasses, and gently pull the soffit out of the assembly.

• Like 2