am I the only one

me-barbie

Our anniversary is on February 22nd so we skip over Valentine's Day altogether. I did order See's chocolates for my single son, though!

this year is our 30th, so we are taking a 3 week trip to camp all over the desert southwest. The only thing that beats camping adventures to new places is doing it together. Oh! And lots of mini projects to fill the time in between. We haven't made it to the south yet Holly but we sure do plan to someday!

We tend more toward overlanding and muddling than the water sports - I learned not to trust Russ with my life in a kayak at Land's End in Mexico though he did pull me back in the raft on the American river in California. We are pretty well self contained with the Jeep and the trailer but enjoy a great campground too!

57 minutes ago, me-barbie said:

There are people who winter camp here (actually, I did twice as a kid, but both times it was school trips and most nights were spent in dorms...I did sleep in a quinsy though!)

http://www.riding-mountain.ca/winter-in-rmnp.html

What's a quinsy? Wikipedia only says it's a complication of tonsillitis. :hmm: 

23 minutes ago, KathieB said:

What's a quinsy? Wikipedia only says it's a complication of tonsillitis. :hmm: 

One spelling is quinzhee - similar to an igloo style dwelling. 

Thanks, Selkie and Barb ... One time back in the day an already weakened pine tree in our front yard snapped and fell due to a heavy coating of ice. The trunk remained propped up on the stump, forming a lovely hideaway among the branches. We kids took it over and played inside while the snow lasted. (Dad assured Mom that the trunk was stable and wouldn't fall and crush us.) We desperately wanted to spend the night, but alas that didn't come to be.

On Sun Feb 19 2017 14:52:59 GMT-0600, Its_a_sm_world_after_all said:

Our anniversary is on February 22nd so we skip over Valentine's Day altogether. I did order See's chocolates for my single son, though!

this year is our 30th, so we are taking a 3 week trip to camp all over the desert southwest. The only thing that beats camping adventures to new places is doing it together. Oh! And lots of mini projects to fill the time in between. We haven't made it to the south yet Holly but we sure do plan to someday!

You had me at See's........yummiest