Easy cutter Not so easy:(

tlbradwisch

I really appreciate the review, though, Brae!  I, too, was having the same issues as everyone else and have banished my new one to the "misc." drawer in my craft room.  The old one may be a bit dull by now, but it works a heckofa lot better!  I will now go scouting thru ebay for some old new stock!  :eekout:

I tried for hours trying to replace a blade for a club member. It just wouldn’t fit by 1mm. So I sharpened her old blade and it works perfectly. When replacing a blade you have to remove the stubborn metal collar, I think I used a screw driver to twist it out.

6 hours ago, Sable said:

I tried for hours trying to replace a blade for a club member. It just wouldn’t fit by 1mm. So I sharpened her old blade and it works perfectly. When replacing a blade you have to remove the stubborn metal collar, I think I used a screw driver to twist it out.

Years ago I tried to replace a blade, and couldn't make it work successfully.  I also read Brae's review, so eventually landed on an older version of the one with fences, and I love this one. 

I have the Micro-Mark version and I did not have luck with it. I literally took it out of the package and attempted to cut something with it. I immediately hear a "pop" and see something fly off across the room. I look and see my new cutter is missing the blade! I found the piece that flew off and sure enough my blade had broken on the first thing I tried to cut. I then double checked to make sure what I was cutting was withing the specs for the tool. Yep it was. I emailed Micro-Mark telling them what had happened and if there was any type of warranty. I never received a response. I know they sell the replacement blade but dang it's expensive and I really don't want a repeat! It too is in some long forgotten drawer.

1 hour ago, WBrownIV said:

I have the Micro-Mark version and I did not have luck with it. I literally took it out of the package and attempted to cut something with it. I immediately hear a "pop" and see something fly off across the room. I look and see my new cutter is missing the blade! I found the piece that flew off and sure enough my blade had broken on the first thing I tried to cut. I then double checked to make sure what I was cutting was withing the specs for the tool. Yep it was. I emailed Micro-Mark telling them what had happened and if there was any type of warranty. I never received a response. I know they sell the replacement blade but dang it's expensive and I really don't want a repeat! It too is in some long forgotten drawer.

I’m amazed because the normal blades are very thick steel. I can’t  imagine my blade breaking like that.

That is why it surprised me so! The blade looked pretty stout but if I remember correctly it broke at the hole for the pin/bolt that attaches the blade to the handle.  I had gotten it on sale making it less than their replacement blade with shipping! 

1 minute ago, WBrownIV said:

That is why it surprised me so! The blade looked pretty stout but if I remember correctly it broke at the hole for the pin/bolt that attaches the blade to the handle.  I had gotten it on sale making it less than their replacement blade with shipping! 

Oh, the collar broke not the blade? I guess that would be possible.

On 2/6/2019, 9:24:04, Lita said:

I have used the paint stirrers for shelves but I would hate to do a whole floor with them. They also seem a bit too wide.

886F7B6D-44C3-4FE4-A94C-274867DE68CF.jpeg

They're an inch wide so that equals a 12 inch wide floorboard. 

Love the shelf!