Making progress :)

Murry123

So, I've done quite a bit of work and I think my display cabinet is looking pretty good. I used foamboard to put up the walls so that I wouldn't have to put any adhesive on the actual cabinet. I used double sided tape for the wallpaper so there was no risk of getting any type of paste on the wood. The doors even have little door knobs! (I know, not a big deal to you guys but really exciting to me :D ) I've got the materials for making little picture frames coming in the mail, too.

Since I took these pictures, I've added baseboard to the bathroom but I'm having a lot of trouble with the crown. I just can't seem to get the angles right. Any hints and tips? Are there any alternatives you like to use?

0220171208_resized.jpg

0220171208a_resized.jpg

0215171957_resized.jpg

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Murry123 said:

So, I've done quite a bit of work and I think my display cabinet is looking pretty good. I used foamboard to put up the walls so that I wouldn't have to put any adhesive on the actual cabinet. I used double sided tape for the wallpaper so there was no risk of getting any type of paste on the wood. The doors even have little door knobs! (I know, not a big deal to you guys but really exciting to me :D ) I've got the materials for making little picture frames coming in the mail, too.

Since I took these pictures, I've added baseboard to the bathroom but I'm having a lot of trouble with the crown. I just can't seem to get the angles right. Any hints and tips? Are there any alternatives you like to use?...

I'm not the Holly who made this tutorial, but I hope it helps:  http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=gallery&module=gallery&controller=browse&category=29

Looks great!

14 hours ago, Murry123 said:

The doors even have little door knobs! (I know, not a big deal to you guys but really exciting to me :D )

The simplest mini things excite me too!

At the corners of your crown molding you can put small blocks, then you don't have to cut your molding at a 45 deg. angle.

Click image to enlarge

gallery_4762_4046_125099.jpg

• Like 4

On 2/20/2017, 4:20:45, mesp2k said:

Looks great!

The simplest mini things excite me too!

At the corners of your crown molding you can put small blocks, then you don't have to cut your molding at a 45 deg. angle.

gallery_4762_4046_125099.jpg

That's pretty clever! I'm going to work some more on getting those angles correct but this is a great strategy to fall back on.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one getting excited about the little things (literally and figuratively). For some reason, those little door knobs meant a whole lot :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...