Another Newbie from Las Vegas

Hello Everyone,

I have been peeking around the forum for a few weeks since my miniature obsession began. I saw Ann's post and thought it was awesome to see another person from Las Vegas.

I have never personally built a dollhouse, but I bought one for my daughter a few years ago. She has built it and decorated, but not completed it yet. I bought it for her because she was enchanted with my Mother's dollhouse. I guess it runs in the blood?

I am starting out with a room box to get my feet wet and have bought 'The Laurel'. I thought it would be a good starter house.

I'm having a blast so far. I had a little mishap cutting the window and door for the room box. Dremels look so easy to use....I now refer to the mishap as termite damage ;)

I will try to upload some photos as soon as I can resize the files.

I look forward to watching and sharing with the the other Laurel builders.

Carrie

Edited by Mid-life madness
added tag
  • Like 2

Welcome to the little family, Carrie.  If you click on my avatar you can see what I did with the Laurel that was my first rehab house.  I often refer folks to it to see why we beg people not to use hot glue to build the kits, even if the instructions say to.  The instructions were written many years ago.  That said, I had mine back together again and making new windows & doors when I finally figured out it was the Laurel, so many things were missing.

Hi Carrie, welcome!

You can resize your pics for free online :)  picresizer

After you make 5 posts you can start your own album here at Greenleaf.

If your dremel as a detachable base, kinda like a router, you can clamp down a straight edge (a piece of wood) to guide the dremel.

Check out this link: click

16 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Welcome to the little family, Carrie.  If you click on my avatar you can see what I did with the Laurel that was my first rehab house.  I often refer folks to it to see why we beg people not to use hot glue to build the kits, even if the instructions say to.  The instructions were written many years ago.  That said, I had mine back together again and making new windows & doors when I finally figured out it was the Laurel, so many things were missing.

8 hours ago, mesp2k said:

Hi Carrie, welcome!

You can resize your pics for free online :)  picresizer

After you make 5 posts you can start your own album here at Greenleaf.

If your dremel as a detachable base, kinda like a router, you can clamp down a straight edge (a piece of wood) to guide the dremel.

Check out this link: click

@Holly I saw the pictures of your Laurel and had a little bit of a freak out. I wondered what I had bought, but then realized that hot glue was to blame. Thanks for the tip.

@ Mike... Thanks for the link Mike. I am in awe of your work.

• Like 1

The lovely thing about rehabbing dollhouses built with hot glue is that they are so easy-peasy to disassemble, remove the hot glue & rebuild them properly with carpenter's wood glue.  Making a porch from scratch was "interesting"...

Ohh I love the colors of that!! Welcome to the neighborhood :) I built the laurel twice when it first came out. I'm not sure if I still have pictures but it was a good size kit and the instructions seemed pretty straightforward! I look forward to seeing more of your creations! :)

• 1 month later...

Hi friend!! So glad to hear I'm not the only one in LV! I've been needing a mini partner! I sent you a message and would love to meet up with you sometime! You have made some amazing progress since beginning! I wish I could say the same! Maybe you can rub some of your good vibes on me! 

• Like 1