Garage creating!

Shareb

Hi all - I have promised hubby that I will re-create a part of his garage for a 'shed building' project our miniature club is starting next month.  It'll have to be in 1:24 scale - he is currently trying to figure which car should feature!  Whereabouts - apart from Ebay - would I find garage accessories?  I've been looking but most of the online shops I've looked at don't have any garage things or only a few 1:12 scale tools.  Any ideas?  Thank you!

Instead of searching for half scale, search for G scale.  I think there is a dealer out there called Larry G Scale, in fact.  G scale is roughly equivalent to half scale, and because it's used by train enthusiasts, you're more likely to find automotive type supplies.  Also try J.S. Woodcrafts. http://www.jswoodcrafts.net/scale_minatures.htm    Ordering from them is a little odd--you need to send an e-mail, and it can take a while for them to respond, but I've had good luck with them.

• Like 2

There are a ton of suppliers that speciallize in miniature garage settings for car displays, not sure what exactly you are looking for, tools? You can usually find them in packs of accessories for Garage dioramas, they are quite cheap at my local hobby stores. As Deborah sugested, try searching for 1:24 as well as G scale as often these stores also sell train set components and usually list them under that reference. Also try searching for "Garage Diorama" or "Car Display" accessories, probably will get you more results than looking for dollhouse stuff.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, shannonc60 said:

Virtual dollhouse has lots of 1:24 scale accessories, including metal ones you paint yourself. Grace, the owner, is great.

The Virtual Dollhouse is great.  Lots of great unpainted metal minis and very affordable.

• Like 1

Thanks all!  I have bought a Nichimo Galant GTO kit which is apparently pretty rare.  We'll build this (hubby and I together....it's a first.....eekkk) and a 1:24 '65 Mustang kit that we already have.  We'll decide after building them which one to use.  I also bought V8 Small block engine on a stand which is really cute!  Plus a Fujimi garage tools kit which will also need to be painted and built.  Should be interesting!!!

• Like 2