Street Names

Sable

What about Rue Madeleine for the prison/gentleman's club? Madeleine was Jean Valjean's alias in Les Miserables after he gets out of prison but before he goes to Paris with Cosette. Any time I think French prison, I think of Jean Valjean lol.

Perhaps for the residential street you could go with Rue Monnaie. No real story behind that one other than it's one of my favorite areas of Paris. It's just across the Seine from Sainte Chapelle and Notre Dame and is a lovely area to walk around in. 

• Like 1

Keeping with your french theme.

"Rue Réduit" - Réduit means "reduced" in french. If you want to anglicise it you could call it "Reduit Road"

"Infime Lane" - Infime means tiny

"Piccolo Parkway" - A Piccolo is a petite flute but the word is also used as kind of slang for small or tiny.

Thanks all. The name of our club is Les Petits Collecteurs of South Florida so we've decided  to ulitize  the club name into the street names:

Les Petits Place for residential

Collecteurs Commons for the shops

SoFlo Avenue for the prison and gentlemens club.

Thanks for the suggestions, though.

• Like 1

A perfect example of when you have a plan in your head and you need to execute it. Sunday night I walked up and down every isle in Michaels looking for a way to make street posts for the village.  I really wanted metal but in the "wood bits" section I found what I needed:

image.jpeg

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Sable said:

A perfect example of when you have a plan in your head and you need to execute it. Sunday night I walked up and down every isle in Michaels looking for a way to make street posts for the village.  I really wanted metal but in the "wood bits" section I found what I needed:

image.jpeg

These are fabulous Sable. So well done. I really like the the little metal collar detail to hold on the street names. Nice! :D

38 minutes ago, Sable said:

Sable, they're perfect! Can't wait for photos of the village in situ! :D 

On 2017-02-28 16:48:09, Sable said:

image.jpeg

Those are perfect!