The Laurel

Hello Everyone, I'm building The Laurel, and I'm on Page 2 of the instructions. Section B, Part 3 ...R & P two small risers, one large riser, and front step tread. Well, I can locate two small risers and the front step tread but no piece labelled "one large riser." There is a piece of the kit on Sheet 2 labelled Front Step Small Risers....is that supposed to be the large riser? 

Thanks, 

Coffeedrinker

Whilst you're mulling that one over, do take a few minutes to post us an introduction in the Newcomers' Forum.  I cannot help you with your Laurel, the one I rehabbed had been built with hot glue and had never been completed and was falling apart; but the Washington is similar, specially with the porch steps, and I think I had to hunt over the schematics sheets several times to find that small riser.  It will obviously be a bit narrower than the large riser.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Hello Everyone, I'm building The Laurel, and I'm on Page 2 of the instructions. Section B, Part 3 ...R & P two small risers, one large riser, and front step tread. Well, I can locate two small risers and the front step tread but no piece labelled "one large riser." There is a piece of the kit on Sheet 2 labelled Front Step Small Risers....is that supposed to be the large riser? 

Thanks, 

Coffeedrinker

im just starting my build and thats also what assumed it is as well. the front step is very small in this house not much to it. i placed all the pieces in a baggie just in case i was wrong and i can assemble it last as it shows in the instructions that gluing the little step on is the very last step. hope that helps you along a bit :) happy building :) 

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Everyone, 

Thanks for your replies to my post. Tonight I finished The Laurel and I'm pleased that I lasted long enough to complete it! Good heavens, some sections were awkward; the shingling seemed to take fore ever, and I fabricated ridge caps for out of scraps which seemed to help the finished appearance. (It took me almost two months to complete the Laurel but that's because I painted the bits and pieces as I went along. If you don't paint anything, then assembling time would be much shorter.) 

If you have any questions please ask. I'm a beginner but I had fun and I hope you enjoy building your Laurel. (I'll try to post some photos but I have to reduce the file size first..)i

On 3/1/2017, 4:15:27, Mid-life madness said:

Good luck with Laurels, that's is what I plan to build for my first house as well.

Hi Mid Life...I managed to post a photo of my finished Laurel. I'm hoping that the dollhouse will spark my granddaughter's imagination...

Dollhouse1.jpg

8 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Hi Mid Life...I managed to post a photo of my finished Laurel. I'm hoping that the dollhouse will spark my granddaughter's imagination...

Very nice, Graham! Lucky granddaughter!

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, April F said:

Hello, I got a Laurel dollhouse for Christmas, always wanted my own dollhouse. I'm so excited and can't wait to start building it.  Any suggestions on the building would be greatly appreciated. 

Hi April. It is a pretty straight forward house. The porch was a little tricky. Just make sure to do the dry fit and you should be fine.

• 4 years later...

Hi everyone,

I am building The Laurel as my first dollhouse, well trying to build. When I read the instructions the sheet numbers on the instructions, the ones in parenthesis, do not match the sheet numbers on the boards or the schematic. Has everyone run into this issue? Do I need to just look around for the pieces? 

Thank you! 

• 3 weeks later...