Hello from Saugerties,NY

Hello! I am new to the forum and so glad to have found it. I am newly retired and building a greatly expanded 1:24 Thornhill mansion. I am making all the furniture, flooring, fireplace walls, and and needle pointing the wall, ceiling and furniture coverings. My inspiration comes from HGTV shows flea market flip & fixer upper as well as from designers Mackenzie Child's.

I was lucky enough to find a Victorianna on EBay. I am going to use it as my design store to hold my creations for the Thornhill. Also, I am kitbashing Greenleaf furniture.

I look forward to sharing my creations.

Edited by Pantheropia
Forgot my new Victorianna
  • Like 2

I'm so glad I found people to share this adventure with. Let me tell you about my Thornhill's story:

Last year I saw a London Victorian mansion for sale for about $7M. The was titled "a house that can fly." The owners had restored it to its original glory both inside and out, except for the attic space. The attic was converted into a spaceship cockpit. It was so cool that they indulged their kids with this fantasy. (Google 'house with spaceship attic') And since I've loved science fiction since I was a teen, I decided to pretend that my Thornhill is really a spaceship, and even better that it's a time machine. I added two floors under house for a glorious two story entrance hall with double staircase, dining room, living room and kitchen. AND under that, underground is a grotto complete with swimming pool. I can't wait to display my renovation plans.

9 hours ago, Pantheropia said:

I'm so glad I found people to share this adventure with. Let me tell you about my Thornhill's story:

Last year I saw a London Victorian mansion for sale for about $7M. The was titled "a house that can fly." The owners had restored it to its original glory both inside and out, except for the attic space. The attic was converted into a spaceship cockpit. It was so cool that they indulged their kids with this fantasy. (Google 'house with spaceship attic') And since I've loved science fiction since I was a teen, I decided to pretend that my Thornhill is really a spaceship, and even better that it's a time machine. I added two floors under house for a glorious two story entrance hall with double staircase, dining room, living room and kitchen. AND under that, underground is a grotto complete with swimming pool. I can't wait to display my renovation plans.

This sounds amazing!  What an absolutely brilliant idea!  Hurry and get to the required number of posts so you can post pictures of your plans. :)

I am an inventor and I invented a new game which is called "pretend I found 1/24" Greenleaf furniture at a flea market and turned them into collector quality pieces." So far I plan to turn the piano into a giraffe piano, reverse assemble another giraffe piano but make it to a bar, sandwhich a fireplace between both of them, and voila a  cool wall setting! Bespaq ain't got nothing on me. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...