Wiring for Harrison remodel

Lanie

I started a remodel on my daughters 30+ year old house for her daughters ages 6 and 9.  To update the outside, I removed the Tudor embellishments, added clapboard, and build new windows.  To accommodate the new windows I added foam core to the walls to increase the wall depth.

I purchased a new electrical tape system to replace the one that I removed.  I am now wondering if the foam core was the best choice to place over the existing walls.  Will brads in the tape system hold up in the foam and, more importantly, to the playing activity of a 6 year old?  

I do not want to switch to a round wire system, but am open to other suggestions.

If brads in the tape system wiggle, they tend to enlarge the holes, which can cause breaks in the system. You might try using eyelets instead of brads. In either case, I'd recommend soldering the connectors to assure a sturdy connection.

Actually, I'd recommend not electrifying the house for a child of 6. While she may be the most careful child in the county, she'll be playing with friends who can be thoughtlessly hard on a dollhouse. Why not give her a few battery operated lights for now and save the full electrification for when you redecorate when she's much older (after she and her friends have colored on the walls and melted crayons into the rugs and poked out the plastic in the windows)?

• Like 1

• 1 year later...