My first dollhouse is built!

wormwoodz

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Absolutely GORGEOUS!  I'm almost done my first build and it's...well, nothing like yours :) I think I love your sketches most of all. I think you could print those smaller, and frame them to put in your house, like architectural drawings. They're just beautiful and really show off your artistic ability. 
Thank you for sharing!

• Like 2

Very very special, and it is stunning. My maiden name is Fairfield and  I have been planning doing this house for many years, the small size put me off but I have found recently that bigger is not always better and your house is telling me to get going. I grew up in a vicarage that had a secret room in the tower .

Thank you for sharing, it is an outstanding job, truly magical,even my favorite colors!! Well done and well done again.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Words escape me at the moment. All I can do is echo what many have already said....WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will be happy if my first house turns out 1/10th as good as yours!

Congratulations!

Bill Brown

Edited by WBrownIV
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 23/11/2018, 21:15:39, asherah said:

I just love this house. Can you tell me what you used to paint the brown parts? is it stain or paint? Craft paint?

Thank you, I use water or alcool soluble stains to darknen the basswood. To be more specific I use aniline (fenilamine) based powders that you can find in many stores that sell wood treatments, they come in diferent colors and can be mixed in solutions at diferent ratios to get the intensity and color you are looking for. There is a product in specific we like to use in furniture restoration work that we know around here as "vieux-chêne", it's wholy organic and very safe to use. Add in diferent color pigments and you can pretty much get any natural wood color you can think of. Hope that helps! :)

• Like 2

• 2 years later...