McGhee's Miniatures

SewMini

I had a family emergency that took me to St. Louis over the weekend. Since sitting in a hospital is a bit draining after a day or so, I ventured out for an hour to check out a dollhouse shop that happened to be about 10 minutes away. It's McGhee's Miniatures in Brentwood, MO. It's a bit of a whirlwind in there when you get in BUT she has EVERYTHING and it's all very reasonably priced. I went to check out the lighting situation and she had tons of lights which was a dream. I walked away with 3 that will work nicely for my house with a bit of repainting. Barbara McGhee who owns the place is a former IT Engineer so she and I clicked right away because we're both the brainy builder types. She helped me map out how to lay all my wiring and gave me some really good building tips for working with the Greenleaf kits I have since we all know they can be a bit fussy. She takes custom orders so if there is something particular you need, she'll make it. She also sells online so do check her out.

Dedicated miniature shops in the US are few and far between so I'm super happy I've found this one. I hope she stays in business! http://www.mcgheesminiatures.com/

• Like 3

Nice! Love a good brick and mortar. Nothing beats seeing things in person before purchasing. Online shopping is always a bit of a lucky dip. Plus, added bonus to have some bonding time with a fellow miniaturist. :D 

She has a nice selection.. I wonder if she would ship internationally? Might shoot her an email. 

1 hour ago, smjsome said:

There's also a hobby shop close to the museum, they are pricey I think!  But they do carry a large selection of minis

I love Mcgees!  I always call before I go

Ha I did learn you need to call. 

I honestly didnt know there was a mini museum in St. Louis! I'll have to go next time I go down there.