Hello from California

Ant_1net

On 3/11/2017, 8:39:30, Ant_1net said:

I just began assembly of my beacon hill dollhouse. Got overwhelmed today with the kitchen bay window and need help with directions

Hi, Antoinette, and welcome to the forum! Have you been putting the house together in dry fit (taping the pieces without gluing)? If not, you might want to continue that way. The dry fit serves many purposes. For one, it can help you figure out the head-scratching bits, like the bay that has you challenged at the moment, plus it shows you if pieces need to be adjusted (tabs and slots sanded or shaved to fit snugly), and it also gives you an idea of which areas of the house will be hard to reach and should be decorated before assembly. (The wall the stairway is against is a prime example. Unless you make the stairway removable, it needs to be painted or wallpapered before the stairs go in or you'll never be able to reach it. Also, the stairs themselves need to be stained or painted before insertion.)

I haven't gotten to the bay window on my own Beacon Hill yet, so I can't help off the top of my head.  Do you have a photo you can share to show us your problem? You can post in your reply. Also, when you have made 5 posts, you can open an album in the Gallery to post photos.

• Like 1

Welcome to the little family, Antoinette.  There are some member blogs describing the Beacon Hil build; I think Gina has built it more than once.  I can't recall her username (moreminis?), but one of our members will come along and link you.

Welcome. Some days are overwhelming. Take a breath (maybe drink some wine) and remember that our brains work out problems subconsciously... :shipwrecked: in the meantime, people here will help and listen.