Boca Raton Dollhouse Show and Sale

Looks like it was a great sucess Sable. I'm glad you got your shirts. Love that there is a dog park and the streets and signs turned out looking great in situ. :D

Sable, this project turned out exceptionally well. Congratulations to you for going the extra mile -- more than a mile! -- to bring it all together. Each of the shops is extremely well done, and I like that the village was populated. I hope the members appreciate what an effort it took on your part to make the magic that turned a bunch of shops into a village. Wish I could have come to see it in person! Brava! :clap: 

I've never been to Harper's Ferry, but I've been to what I suspect are similar places (Granville Island, Mendocino), and I was strongly reminded of them by this village. It truly does have such a realistic feel.  I  would be happy to shrink down and walk down its streets, and maybe buy a couple of things in its shops. :)

Thanks to all. It was amazing putting it all together. We started at 9 am and by noon people where adding all of the landscaping, people, animals and final touches. There was so much eye candy that I didn't notice everything until I saw the pictures. I didn't post the pic of the two men trying to catch a parrot with a net. I've received two emails from members about how sad it was to tear it all down.

1 hour ago, Sable said:

I didn't post the pic of the two men trying to catch a parrot with a net. 

I saw a man with a net in one photo but not what he was after. What a perfect Florida scenario! 

3 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Wouldn't it be great if you had somewhere you could set it up in a permanent display!

That would have been wonderful but I decided early on that there was no way I was going to store all of the sidewalk or road boards. The entire setup was like a puzzle. All of the pieces where needed in order for it to work. Many of our members were not interested in keeping their 18"x18" landscaping boards and without those it made no sense as a village. So, I basically threw it all out. Some scrambled for sidewalk and I saved the brick walkways but the bones are gone.

2 hours ago, KathieB said:

I saw a man with a net in one photo but not what he was after. What a perfect Florida scenario! 

You can kind of see the green parrot just over the head of the man with the net.

I should post  another photo showing the same scene from another angle.