UK Mini Shops and Museums worth visiting?

Shareb

Hi All.  My family are heading to the UK in September for three weeks.  We'll be travelling all over the UK.  I'd like to visit at least one or two dollhouse/miniature shops and/or museums.  Are there any that you would recommend??

I've always been intrigued by this place - "Maple Street" in Roylston, Herts. - looks to be a little southwest of Cambridge.  It's both an -line and bricks and mortar store.  They have a website.  There are dollhouses displayed at the V&A Children's Museum in London although that is not real easy to get to.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've not been to that many shops as I mainly buy things online, but the Miniature Scene in York is one of the best ones I've been to. If you're lucky, you might be able to make it to Miniatura at the NEC in Birmingham if the dates that you're over here coincide with it. It's a fair that we have a couple of times a year, one in spring and one in autumn. If you look around the exhibitor information, you might find some shops to visit if you can't make it there. (You'd have to check the opening times for Doll's House Gallery, though as it's not always open.) http://www.miniatura.co.uk/

49 minutes ago, Icewolf said:

I've not been to that many shops as I mainly buy things online, but the Miniature Scene in York is one of the best ones I've been to. If you're lucky, you might be able to make it to Miniatura at the NEC in Birmingham if the dates that you're over here coincide with it. It's a fair that we have a couple of times a year, one in spring and one in autumn. If you look around the exhibitor information, you might find some shops to visit if you can't make it there. (You'd have to check the opening times for Doll's House Gallery, though as it's not always open.) http://www.miniatura.co.uk/

Have you been to the Kensington Show? I've been twice. So worth it!