Chandalier not working, how can I fix it?

CindyLee

I had to move 2 weeks ago, and had to pack up all of my dollhouses. The Beacon Hill is the only one with lights, and while I was getting out the furniture from the dining room, I knocked the chandalier loose. I glued it back in place, but didn't have time to test it out until after I had the house moved to its new temporary location for storage. I plugged in the lights and they all work except for that one, and I think one wall sconce doesn't work now either. How do I go about fixing this? Its been so long since I installed all the lights I don't remember all the steps I did to install them. I do have a map of where all my tapewire goes throughout the house.

If I had to check that, would I have to remove the entire light fixture from the ceiling? If so, how do I do that without doing alot of damage? I have a plastic molded ceiling glued in and the light is glued with E6000 glue

Do you have where you placed connected the wires for each light to the tapewire on your map? Like sable said, use a cir-kit tester probe light to check your tapewire function before and after the connection. If it's working you need to check the light wire connection. How did you connect your light wire to the tape wire? Did you use brad or eyelets or did you solder? If you used a brad or eyelet, you might be able to gently tap them back into place if they are loose and losing connection to the light wire or the tapewire.

I used brads to connect the wires. I just moved, so I have to find where I have my probe tester thing and then get over to where I have my house stored to do the testing. I'm more worried about how to remove the light fixture from the ceiling without ripping or damaging the wires. I will buy a new fixture if needed,and I could always put a medallion over the ripped ceiling area if needed.

1 hour ago, CindyLee said:

I used brads to connect the wires. I just moved, so I have to find where I have my probe tester thing and then get over to where I have my house stored to do the testing. I'm more worried about how to remove the light fixture from the ceiling without ripping or damaging the wires. I will buy a new fixture if needed,and I could always put a medallion over the ripped ceiling area if needed.

It's always good to have a Plan B. :)