Magnolia

Where/How can I get better assembly detail pages and pictures for the magnolia dollhouse? The instructions that came with the house don't have nearly enough detail as to how to build the house.

Edited by Denneandoll

When you have some time do post an intro in the Newcomers' Forum.  Meanwhile, one of the purposes of the dry fit (building the shell of the house using masking tape or blue painter's tape) is to see how the house can go together before you commit to gluing anything.  We recommend NOT using hot glue, a good carpenter's wood glue will do the job.  In the Team Magnolia blog I was asked to build the kit plain & undecorated (I call it The Bare Nekkid Maggie); since I planned to bash it and decorate it after the blog build, I used wood glue for the stirs and some other parts and then used poster putty for most of the build so I could take it apart again and work on it; so I have actually built it twice.

• 3 months later...

I am building the Magnolia and am really enjoying it.  I think I am missing a part but I wanted to ask to be sure.  I do not have any trim for the doorway between the two upstairs rooms.  I have looked at many pics from other people who do have a trim there.  Did you receive trim for your homes?  If so, which sheet of wood was it on.  I don't see it anywhere.

Thanks

5 minutes ago, Shannp4 said:

...the doorway between the two upstairs rooms...

Doorway?  I have a huge opening where the stairs come up, but no doorway, and no trim.  I built the kit without any decoration for the Team Magnolia blog, an then went back later to finish it off with paint, etc, and there was neither trim nor doorway, so I would expect what you have seen was what people made to finish it off that way.

9 hours ago, Shannp4 said:

I am building the Magnolia and am really enjoying it.  I think I am missing a part but I wanted to ask to be sure.  I do not have any trim for the doorway between the two upstairs rooms.  I have looked at many pics from other people who do have a trim there.  Did you receive trim for your homes?  If so, which sheet of wood was it on.  I don't see it anywhere.

Thanks

Had to look through my build pics-- I made my own trim for that opening, out of basswood strips. Don't recall any trim being provided in the kit.

• 3 years later...