Attaching Primrose to Another Building

I bashed together a Primrose and an Orchid. I just took away the unnecessary side of the Primrose and, after removing the tabs of the floor on that side, glued the floor to the Orchid. To keep the floor at the right height, I added small pieces of spare plywood just the line where the Primrose floor meets the Orchid floor.

For the front panel, I glued the Primrose front panel to the side panel of the Orchid. To then attach the Orchid, I cut away at the tabs as necessary to get it to fit flush and then butted the front panel of the Orchid up to the front panel of the Primrose. Once that glue was dried, I hit all of my joints with caulk and filled in any gaps as needed.

• Like 1

My club just finished 20 Primroses for our annual show. FYI the second floor is more like a small attic space instead of a full room. I doubt you could put a door on the second floor to connect the two houses. I eliminated the second floor, altogether.

7 minutes ago, Sable said:

I doubt you could put a door on the second floor to connect the two houses. 

You know what. I totally forgot to mention that. The only way you can is if you raise the roofline. I didn't use either of the side pieces for my Primrose. I cut a new side piece to raise the roofline on one side and left the other off all together. Having the higher roofline meant also needing a new roof piece. You can see I did that below. This gave me juuust enough space to add a door.

0446331F-1016-4F03-84C4-AFC6848E78D9_zps

• Like 1

Thanks for all of your comments. I'm actually attaching the Primrose to a Glencroft. My original plan was to modify the Primrose to add a taller second floor, but after mocking it up in cardboard, I realized I don't yet have the skill to achieve my vision, so I have altered my vision a bit. The Primrose will be attached to the right side and will be the kitchen, the dining room will be the narrow room, and I have enlarged the door between the two rooms into an arch so they are connected but still separate.  I didn't like the stairs ending in the bedroom, which is why I wanted a second floor in the Primrose, but have resigned myself to that arrangement. 

I didn't find this forum until after I had finished most of the construction, but I've learned a lot from it now that I've found it!