Hello from BC, Canada! Glencroft just arrived :)

Hello!  After a lifetime of fascination with miniatures, I finally decided on my first true kit. I'd built a dollhouse in childhood, but nothing as complex as this. I chose the Glencroft based on size and style, and look forward to the challenge of getting it together, then the pleasure of choosing the finishings, furniture, etc. My plan is to make from scratch as much of the interior as I can (another reason for choosing a cottage instead of a more formal Victorian style). 
I am excited to have this forum, as I can see from a quick look that there is tons of information and experience here!

Cheers :)

• Like 1

Welcome to the little family, Liz.  When I got the Glencroft in my hot little hands I thought, "Aha!  Finally my traditional Miss Jane Marple cottage!"  NOT.  It demanded to become a pub partway through its dry fit.  I did make everything that's in it (some of the things were made or gifted by other members); I still have to install the beer taps I made; it's an ongoing process, but I don't believe there is any law requiring them to be "finished" (the roof has been repainted slate color after the sun bleached out its original color).

The sun changed the roof's color

• Like 2

Hi Liz, welcome.:wave:

I have a Glencroft waiting in the wings, it's such a great little house.... I can't wait to get to it, but need to purchase another one first... I want to bash two of them together in mirror image... we'll see what becomes of that little project! . :D