Bash an Orchid and Arthur

Mid-life madness

How difficult do you think it would be to bash together an Orchid and The Arthur? They are for sale, still in the box. They look very similar as far roof lines etc?

I haven't even started the Laurel yet, and I'm already dreaming of another house. I have been stalking the listing on Craig's list for weeks. :drive:Am I going off the rails????

44 minutes ago, Sable said:

Does the Arthur come in 1 inch? I thought it was 1/2" scale.  

The building team built the 1:12 version.  Another member sent me a 1:24 Arthur I have not yet built.

5 hours ago, Mid-life madness said:

Am I going off the rails????

And then Holly said:

3 hours ago, havanaholly said:

No, I'd say you're about average for here.

In my opinion, you are definitely off the rails ... but you're in good company here. :D 

I'm not sure, I was thinking side by side, but then it might be too long?

The posting is off Craig's list, I texted to see if they were still available, but I haven't heard back yet. I may have waited too long. :cry:

It seemed like such a good deal( $60 for 2), It had been posted originally for $80. I may have waited too long.

If I were going to bash the Orchid and the Arthur, I would select one to be my main house and then cut the other house in half, making it into two wings to be added to the main house. I'd try to make the wings just a little bit smaller than the main house, too. That way  you'd have a long house, yes, but it would also look balanced.

• Like 1

It really depends what you want to do with them, but I think if you're going to bash two houses together to make one cohesive-looking house, it may work better to use two of the same kit. You'll want things like windows and trim to be consistent (unless you plan to replace all of it), and it's nice to have extras of pieces that match. For example, if you did two Arthurs side by side you could have one long porch that spans the whole width, or if you made a "triple decker" Arthur by stacking them on top of each other, you could use extra porch pieces from the second kit to make the porch wrap around the corners.

I bashed two Rosedales together a while ago (turning a narrow three story house into a wider four story house) and right now I'm bashing two Victoriannas "back to back" (but it's more like side by side). My blogs might give you some ideas:

http://www.emilymorganti.com/blog/?tag=greenleaf-rosedale

http://www.emilymorganti.com/blog/?tag=greenleaf-victorianna

(For each of those, the posts are in reverse order, so go to the bottom of the second page to start at the beginning.)

I like Kelly's idea of using one house to create wings for another house, too.