Hello From West Michigan

I have developed an interest in all things "early mid-century" (thirties through fifties), but don't have the room or the resources to collect life size artifacts. I stumbled across vintage dollhouse toy furniture on EBay and thought a dollhouse would be a fun way to indulge my interest without completely remodeling my house. Imagine my dismay when I discovered that dollhouse kits are a different scale from most of the toy furniture!  But then I discovered Strombecker, who made nicely-detailed toy furniture in the early thirties in one inch scale, and also in the forties. I picked the Glencroft for my first house because of the stairs, and because Tudor Revival was popular in the 30s and 40s. I didn't discover this forum until I had almost completed the primary construction, which was probably a good thing - fools go where angels fear to tread...

I have now decided to attach a Primrose to the Glencroft, which means filling in some windows and altering the half timber trim. I have no idea how that will come out.  And at this rate, the furnishings will remain in their box for quite a while yet!

Hi, Gayle. Welcome to the forum. Your plan for the Glencroft and Primrose sounds interesting. When you have 5 posts, you can open an album in the Gallery and share photos with us. I'd love to see how this progresses.

Welcome to the little family, Gayle.  You might want to raise the second floor of your Primrose to match the height of the Glencroft.  Of course, there's no law against building and having more than one dollhouse...

• Like 1

On 3/16/2017, 11:46:08, Miss Kitty said:

I didn't discover this forum until I had almost completed the primary construction, which was probably a good thing - fools go where angels fear to tread...

Preach! :D

I swear I wouldn't have started this hobby if I'd known where it would lead... but by then it was too late... addicted. 

Welcome to the help group Gayle.:wave:

Welcome! You are brave to put an addition on your first house - I am still working up to that - but what fun you will have and you will learn so much. Sometimes, you just have to plunge in!