Hello from OKC

Welcome to the little family,, Donna & daughters.  How old are the daughters, and which house/s are you building for them; and which one (or more) will you go on to build for yourself?

36 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

Welcome to the little family,, Donna & daughters.  How old are the daughters, and which house/s are you building for them; and which one (or more) will you go on to build for yourself?

Thank you for the welcome. I have an 11 year old and a 15 yr old with autism. My 15 yr old loves small items she can grasp and I thought it would be great for her motor skills and something she would enjoy. My 11 yr old has never been a doll person, but she loves engineering and loves to creating different things; so that's how I roped her in, lol. I have always wanted to work on a dollhouse so I am in full excitement mode. I have an 18 & 20 yr old in college that will be working on it with us when they are available bc this is something they always wanted to do as well. Someone here told me it looks like the Lancaster. We found on craigslist for $20 and in need of some love.17353513_10154230036542821_237030332573917353171_10154230036627821_911072726485117342778_10154230036667821_2189325281087

Lowe's carries a book on making 1:1 stairs; give it to the 11 year old, remind her that for every measurement in the book she needs to divide it by 12 to make stairs to fit the dollhouse, and turn her loose!  What fun!

• Like 1

Hi!  My daughter lives in OKC, I'm visiting her now!

just FYI -in case you don't know -  Apple Tree Antiques in Bethany has a dollhouse booth, some of everything, and The Rink antiques not far away sometimes has stuff, I think the owner builds doll houses.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, smjsome said:

Hi!  My daughter lives in OKC, I'm visiting her now!

just FYI -in case you don't know -  Apple Tree Antiques in Bethany has a dollhouse booth, some of everything, and The Rink antiques not far away sometimes has stuff, I think the owner builds doll houses.

Thank you for the heads up. We live NW OKC and the Rink is not too far, I will look into Apple Tree as well :)