French Country Manor Update

miniaddicted

The kitchen wallpaper had a booboo - I used blue tape on one side to hold wallpaper on the wall in next room, and it lifted the finish. I also wasn't terribly happy with the seam either - this is marbled like paper. So I ordered 4 more sheets of it from Itsy Bitsy Mini. I planned on removing old paper and re-wallpapering today and in an effort to place the seam next to the doorway, I realized the paper really isn't long enough. And the dyelot of these 4 papers is different than the first, so I have decided to rethink this. Looking for a paper that is wider, and/or easier to match with seams, I've found a few Brodnax ones - what do you think?

1. Papillon Blueberry - top right
  2. Papillon Peach - bottom right
  3. Cherry Blossom
  4. Gathering Green

I'm leaning toward 2 or 4

wallpaperoptions1.thumb.jpg.01b570545323  wallpaperoptions3.thumb.jpg.cdacfaf43219

wallpaperoptions2.thumb.jpg.d436a9e6ee80 

25 minutes ago, miniaddicted said:

Its amazing what the sun will do - I had the chimney breast laying on the unstained floor and the sliding door is right there behind the dollhouse. 

sunDamage.thumb.jpg.727b22c0bc587aff0d7c

Oh noes! What a pain! I am sure someone will have some advice for you on fixing it (lots of sanding?). As for the wallpaper, I like the Gathering Green. It looks great with the tiles, but also those others just aren't my cup of tea. But that is just my opinion. Leave it sitting there for a couple of days and I am sure you will come to a conclusion.

Yikes... *runs to move chimney breast in the San Franciscan*

Maybe slightly more stain on that section than the surrounding section?? 

Now on to wallpapers.. I like Cherry Blossom or Papillion Blueberry.

I think the Blueberry might "Pop" a little more and the colour of the flowers matches the floor better. Also, I love blue in french decor. :D

Ah, well, the UV color change strikes again!  I don't trust my monitor to show colors accurately, so I can't really comment on the papers; but the ones you've chosen look very pretty.

I tend to go with the Cherry Blossom. It's hard to tell whether the "red" in the Blueberry goes with the floor. I also think what kind of cabinets and appliances you are planning has an influence. Sorry about your floor. Guess working in the basement has one advantage!

I think I'd go with Cherry Blossom, too.  I have Papillon Peach in a room in my Fairfield.  It is pretty, but it's very busy and very peachy.  The Cherry Blossom is a little simpler and a little cooler in tone.  And sorry about your floor.  It's amazing how quickly the sun can bleach things!

2 hours ago, Debsrand56 said:

think I'd go with Cherry Blossom, too.  I have Papillon Peach in a room in my Fairfield.  It is pretty, but it's very busy and very peachy.

Now I'm just as confused as ever. Deborah - thank you for sharing. I think that will be too busy and peachy.

I'm not entirely sure what cabinets and appliances I'm going to have...I've now been looking at several from Itsy Bitsy Mini: 

wal0591b_nb%20French%20Kitchen%20-%20Red wal0590a_nb%20French%20Kitchen%20-%20Gre wal0591a_nb%20French%20Kitchen%20-%20Red 

wal0597c_nb%20Hannah's%20Jacobean%20Red% wal0548c_nb%20Fox%20Hunt%20Green%20-%20L  wal0587a_nb%20Chicken%20Toile%20-%20Red% 

wal0588b_nb%20Chicken%20Toile%20Green%20 wal0672a_nb%20Potted%20Plants%20Green%20 wal0704BirdtoileGold.jpg  

I used Red Grape Toile (with rooster border) in the Chateau. One thing I have found with some of the Itsy Bitsy papers is that the pattern on the received papers is more compressed than what I thought from the photo when I ordered. This also just happened with another toile pattern I ordered.

Kitchen.JPG.6c8ece0fb6f41c61a81d9932d031

22 minutes ago, miniaddicted said:

Janet - I thought that was what you used! And I agree about the compressed image. This is why I have been trying to see some of her papers in a room before buying them, but she has thousands.

What I find interesting is that I had used this paper before and it wasn't compressed but looked like the photo you posted above.

I love the gathering green with that your tile. plus the other coordinating patterns and colors you show here are wonderful!

11 hours ago, miniaddicted said:

Now I'm just as confused as ever. Deborah - thank you for sharing. I think that will be too busy and peachy.

I'm not entirely sure what cabinets and appliances I'm going to have...I've now been looking at several from Itsy Bitsy Mini: 

wal0591b_nb%20French%20Kitchen%20-%20Red wal0590a_nb%20French%20Kitchen%20-%20Gre wal0591a_nb%20French%20Kitchen%20-%20Red 

wal0597c_nb%20Hannah's%20Jacobean%20Red% wal0548c_nb%20Fox%20Hunt%20Green%20-%20L  wal0587a_nb%20Chicken%20Toile%20-%20Red% 

wal0588b_nb%20Chicken%20Toile%20Green%20 wal0672a_nb%20Potted%20Plants%20Green%20 wal0704BirdtoileGold.jpg  

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2017‎ ‎4‎:‎35‎:‎03‎, miniaddicted said:

Well I may be foiled....seems Gathering Green is discontinued :(

Itsy Bitsy Mini can create it.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I love the colors in it and have always wanted to do a true toile like this. I'm concerned that it will be too busy. I'm thinking this pattern scale is somewhat larger than some of Itsy Bitsy's other toiles and that will help prevent it from looking too busy. But I can only go by what I see in her catalog and sites that show her stuff, my local shop doesn't have any of those toiles. 

I think I like this one

wal0590a_nb%20French%20Kitchen%20-%20Gre  

or maybe this one.

wal0597c_nb%20Hannah's%20Jacobean%20Red%

the other two might have too much red in them in combination with the floor.... Could be wrong though... you wont know until you get them in the room and see. How fun to have some choices though. :)

I had one friend whose RL kitchen was all cherries, and another whose RL kitchen was all chickens, and that was a LOT of red!  And there's something about toile that makes me think of homely things, and kitchens most of all.