Plans for Next Year?

Charlene

There seems to be so much interest on this site in holiday themes, especially Halloween, that we should consider getting our heads together earlier next year (like maybe July?) to start our haunts and spooky themes. Of course I'm always doing Halloween, but does anyone agree with me?

Oh me I think!!! I am also one of those halloween enthusiasts, eventhough Halloween is still in its cradle in celebrating over here, I am mostly and generally interested in most witchy/wizardy/haunted minis :) So I am most definitley interested in to get goint with haunted themes early!

Hugs

There is something going on every month. Hearts and flowers for feb, st pats for march, so on. You just have to compensate for non US members. maybe throw in a month for a european holiday that we don't have here. 3 months of halloween could be too much of a good thing. (as much as I love it...)

And don't forget Christmas. I think that's another occasion that just lends itself to being expressed in miniature. I'm already working on my Christmas decorations. My Beacon Hill and Orchid dollhouses are going to rock this Christmas!!!

-Susanne

Oh, Susanne, I can't wait for that!! :drool:

I haven't thought too much about Christmas yet . . . I'm still reeling with Halloween ideas!! Perhaps when I get back from my trip to my sister's I'll be motivated to start on Christmas decorations . . . after I get the 'White Orchid' built!! :D

And don't forget Christmas. I think that's another occasion that just lends itself to being expressed in miniature. I'm already working on my Christmas decorations. My Beacon Hill and Orchid dollhouses are going to rock this Christmas!!!

-Susanne

So right you are! There's just not enough time -- maybe I'll do haunted Christmas? I'd love to have the whole Dickens' thing happening.

-Susanne

I have decorations for all the holidays for my house but I agree totally with you Susanne. Christmas is a great time for us and everybody gets into the spirit. The first christmas after I brought my garfield here from my dad's I 'decked' it out in full christmas fashion, snow on the yard, flakes on the roof, lemax battery operated lights (they're the perfect size) and so on. However back then we didn't have a camera :D , it was stunning especially in the dark :D . I'm planning on doing the same thing this year with some new things added :drool: and taking lots of pics so I can share with everyone.

Good Question

Unlike Thanksgiving, Christmas is actually a religious holiday. The Western Church (Rome) celebrates the holiday on 12/25 each year. The Orthodox Church (Greek/Ukranian/Russian) celebrate on January 6, which the Roman Church celebrates as the Feast of the Magi.

So it doesn't depend so much on where you live as on your religious leaning.

Just out of curiosity, and showing my ignorance, do all the countries celebrate Christmas on December 25th? I know Thanksgiving is on different days, so I was just wondering. :cloud9:

For us over "here" Christmas starts allready sort of on the 23 as an appetizer and then we have tha family get together/gift sharing on Christmas Eve the 24:th and the 25th is mostly a day of resting and relaxing nibbling on leftovers :D

Hugs