Funny how things can change.

Ian1357

Hi All

In my intro to the forum I was fairly sure what I wanted in my first house.however after some more thought I am fairly sure it is going to be the *Vermont Farmhouse* 

So bearing in mind I have not started my first house I have another project I would like to do. See attached image. All our English members will recognise it. But just for others there was/is a sitcom called "Open All hours." A shop run by a cantankerous shop keeper Arkwright with a stammer assisted by Granville his hapless nephew. 

May be I will try to do both. Wonder what SWMBO will have to say about that..... :)  

Arkwrights.jpg

Ian, when I started it was strictly to make a dollhouse for my niece for Christmas... That being said I now have well over 50 dollhouses and kits either in the process of being made, rehabbed, or awaiting me to open a box and let them see light. lol Both is more than good in my opinion b/c if you feel you're "stuck" on one, you can flip your attention to the other and give your ideas time to percolate.  :construction:

That being said, some may feel overwhelmed with more than one project... but that's not been my experience so much.  lol

• Like 2

Oh Ian, you've got the bug. There's no use fighting it - there is no cure. The best solution is to give in, enjoy all of the projects you are working, buy all of the kits, supplies and mini pieces for future projects, and start diverting 5% of your retirement savings directly into a miniatures account. Best of luck on your new projects, and be sure to post photos! They give all of us inspiration for our next projects!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ian1357 said:

Hi All

In my intro to the forum I was fairly sure what I wanted in my first house. https://www.realgoodtoys.com/products/vermont-farmhouse-jr-dollhouse-kit however after some more thought I am fairly sure it is going to be this one https://www.realgoodtoys.com/products/victorias-farmhouse-dollhouse-kit

So bearing in mind I have not started my first house I have another project I would like to do. See attached image. All our English members will recognise it. But just for others there was/is a sitcom called "Open All hours." A shop run by a cantankerous shop keeper Arkwright with a stammer assisted by Granville his hapless nephew. 

May be I will try to do both. Wonder what SWMBO will have to say about that..... :)  

Arkwrights.jpg

Both house kits plus the grocery?  By all means!  Making the display stands for the store, as well as making all the stock will be great fun, too!

1 hour ago, havanaholly said:

I just do what the houses tell me they want.

Me, too. But sometimes I forget what they tell me. Writing it down helps. :D 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Yours must not nag at you until you do their bidding...

Oh, they nag all right. But when my short attention span kicks in and/or life intervenes, periods of time can elapse between demand and execution. (And sometimes they change their wooden minds.)

• Like 1