A Reorganized Mini Workshop

KathieB

The reorganization of the studio from shared space to one dedicated to miniatures and more is pretty much complete. See it on my blog at

http://kathiebminis.blogspot.com/2017/03/reorganized-workshopoffice-museum.html

Blogspot tells me the url has changed to  https://kathiebminis.blogspot.com  The above link still works for me, but if it doesn't work for you, try this one.

Your first link works for me Kathie.. and your workspace looks great! If mind was as big and organised and had a TV to keep me company (luxury!), I bet I'd spend more time in it. :)

How lovely to have Lloyds art on the walls, and his sculptures. I love that his students made you a memorial gift. How sweet of them. They must of loved him a lot!

23 minutes ago, Samusa said:

I love that his students made you a memorial gift. How sweet of them. They must of loved him a lot!

14 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

Sam, everybody who ever met Lloyd had to love him!  He was just that sort of person.

True, Holly, true. His former students are now in their 40s and 50s and yet they remain in touch. They tell me he was like a second father to them as he mentored them in their own artistic endeavors. A whole clutch of them came to his funeral mass and one spoke for the group, declaring the special place he held in their hearts and lives.

• Like 2

I hope my comment shows up on your blog. Good for you for taking on this task. I remember last summer the two of you organizing everything should one of you pass.  There is always 'the other stuff' that still needs to be gone through. But like you said, "One paper at a time."

2 hours ago, KathieB said:

The reorganization of the studio from shared space to one dedicated to miniatures and more is pretty much complete. See it on my blog at

http://kathiebminis.blogspot.com/2017/03/reorganized-workshopoffice-museum.html

I'm sorry for your loss Kathie. 

The space is absolutely lovely!  I admire your organization, very nicely done!!

5 hours ago, sparklepuppies said:

Kathie it looks great! I really like how you covered the tables with tablecloths, to store (hide?) things under. I may use this idea. :)

Thanks! The tables are all different, so covering them pulled them together for a cleaner look. And yes, as a bonus, there's hidden storage underneath. :)

5 hours ago, Sable said:

I hope my comment shows up on your blog. Good for you for taking on this task. I remember last summer the two of you organizing everything should one of you pass.  There is always 'the other stuff' that still needs to be gone through. But like you said, "One paper at a time."

Thanks, Sable. Your comment hasn't show up on the blog, but no matter. I appreciate your comment here.

2 hours ago, smjsome said:

Very nice!  I having a place for creativity is a comfort!

Sharon, you saw the cramped, dark basement workspace in Missouri. Can't begin to tell you how much I'm enjoying this airy, light space. :) 

First, I'm so sorry for your loss.  Second, I admire your strength being able to reorganize and hopefully thrive in this new space. I understand the heaviness of the task.  Looks like you've got great lighting. A very cozy, useable, comfortable space. 

3 minutes ago, WyckedWood said:

First, I'm so sorry for your loss.  Second, I admire your strength being able to reorganize and hopefully thrive in this new space. I understand the heaviness of the task.  Looks like you've got great lighting. A very cozy, useable, comfortable space. 

Thanks, Karin. It was helpful to have my friend here to help with the reorganization. Her enthusiasm kept me buoyed up, Now that she's gone, the space is feeling empty, and I'm feeling Lloyd's loss more than before. I'm trying to keep busy, but I keep wanting to share what I'm doing with Lloyd, ask his opinion, get his approval. We really were at the point of finishing each other's thoughts and sentences. I know it will get better.  One day at a time.

• Like 1