Who occupies your houses?

Debsrand56

Most of my builds were uninhabited until about eight years ago.  I had sculpted people for others, but none for myself.  Then Tessie came along.  She took over everything.  Every time I build something, she thinks it's hers.  It's difficult living with a five an a half inch witch that wants it all! Right now I am working on some wicker pieces and she is busy making plans for which of "her" buildings they should go in.  She has just about taken over my blog too.  If you want to see what she is up to, just poke "my blog changes daily" below my name.

• Like 4

On 3/31/2017, 8:51:34, havanaholly said:

You will be amazed at what the houses tell you, when you begin to listen to them!

This is so true Holly!  I think before I never listened.  The Cape May seems to be screaming at me sometimes.  HA!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KathieB said:

Or maybe "figments of your imagination" would be less creepy than ghosts? 

I can identify with the reluctance to use less than believable dolls. The doctor who lives in my Beacon Hill was a figment of my imagination until I spotted just the right resin doll. His wife, Sophia, is porcelain, made and dressed by our own Wolfie. When the house is finished, I'm thinking Sophia will hang out in the foyer, as she's dressed to go out, and the doctor will be in his third-story office, the man-cave of the 1880s. At the moment, Sophia is visiting Marie Laveau (who knows what will be in the juju bag she's after?) and the doctor is stomping around the Beacon Hill, which is still under construction.

Weirdly I find ghosts less creepy than dollhouse dolls...:dunno:  but then, I've always been a little left of centre. :D
The resin dolls aren't too bad.. but those ones with the crazy hair that never sits flat.. :fear:

ooohh... A little bit of voodoo.. to speed up construction? :)

1 minute ago, Samusa said:

Weirdly I find ghosts less creepy than dollhouse dolls...:dunno:  but then, I've always been a little left of centre. :D
The resin dolls aren't too bad.. but those ones with the crazy hair that never sits flat.. :fear:

ooohh... A little bit of voodoo.. to speed up construction? :)

I have been known to do some styling on the crazy hair ladies.

As for the voodoo ... that wasn't what I had in mind, but using it to speed up construction seems like a grand idea.

• Like 2

That is so cute Sam!!!  I bought two of my dolls from www.minidollkit.com  I painted and assembled them - although had to buy clothing because I just couldn't make anything somewhat acceptable!

I've just finished wall papering my walls of my Fairfield and judging by my electic colour selection, I would say my occupants are definitely a little kookie. I have dreams of this world travelled couple who have a house full of oddities and memories. Or perhaps they are a quiet suburban couple who have just mistakenly choose the mismatched wallpaper and are stubborn about visiting the optometrist! They would defineately benefit greatly from an eye test!!! :ohyeah:

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, aussieguy84 said:

I've just finished wall papering my walls of my Fairfield and judging by my electic colour selection, I would say my occupants are definitely a little kookie. I have dreams of this world travelled couple who have a house full of oddities and memories. Or perhaps they are a quiet suburban couple who have just mistakenly choose the mismatched wallpaper and are stubborn about visiting the optometrist! They would defineately benefit greatly from an eye test!!! :ohyeah:

Erm, our house is a different colour in every room. Although they are all complementary... Ithink anyway!

Further on the matter of inhabitants, I think it helps with cohesiveness in your design to have some rough idea of who would live there. Otherwise things get out of hand. But I am a little OCD.

• Like 1

Sorry if pics start showing up. I've always had problems uploading pics here and not quite sure if they did upload. I can see that one of my girls are in an album but it's not Allie.

I do actually have BJD dolls that live in my houses. I love them and have developed strong personalities for each one.

the main girl Allie, lost her parents in her early 20s. Her parents left her a substantial inheritance. Following her in her fathers footsteps, she invests in real estate, renovating for vacation rentals. Her friend Paulina settled out her mother's estate in Poland and has recently moved to the states. She is temporarily living with Allie. They went to college together. 

Allie owns an exclusive upscale yoga studio in Nashville. Many of her friends are yoga teachers. All the girls are single, independent, and in their thirties. They all do everything together. 

The storyline makes it easy to add another build as it is an investment property for Allie, or an apartment for one of her friends. I truly love it but making teeny clothes and shoes is a killer. 

I really do love my girls. I'm building new houses just for them.

This pic is Cinday. She's loud, obnoxious, and funlarge.IMG_0137.JPG.9c5185be6ffde65b1267c

• Like 2

In January, I was talking to my mom about how I'd always wanted to build a boarding house. You could then have different tenants with different themed rooms. I wanted four tenants to begin with, plus the war(WW2) widow and her little boy who own the house. I knew I wanted a traveling salesman, an artist and a (messy) college student. My mom suggested a cat lady for the fourth. One night, when I couldn't sleep. (coffee before bed, BAD). It all fell into place. Miss Beesly is the artist. Mr. Halpert is the traveling salesman who is secretly in love with Miss Beesly. The college student is Andy (but he goes to FSU) and the cat lady is, of course, Angela. BTW, her cats are Oscar, Kevin and Dwight. The widow lady is Holly and her little boy is Michael.

• Like 7

On ‎5‎/‎04‎/‎2017‎ ‎5‎:‎54‎:‎35‎, nolephan said:

In January, I was talking to my mom about how I'd always wanted to build a boarding house. You could then have different tenants with different themed rooms. I wanted four tenants to begin with, plus the war(WW2) widow and her little boy who own the house. I knew I wanted a traveling salesman, an artist and a (messy) college student. My mom suggested a cat lady for the fourth. One night, when I couldn't sleep. (coffee before bed, BAD). It all fell into place. Miss Beesly is the artist. Mr. Halpert is the traveling salesman who is secretly in love with Miss Beesly. The college student is Andy (but he goes to FSU) and the cat lady is, of course, Angela. BTW, her cats are Oscar, Kevin and Dwight. The widow lady is Holly and her little boy is Michael.

Now that would be fun!  You could do all the rooms slightly differently to match the personalities and occupations.  I don't get as much time as I'd like to do all my crafty stuff.  I homeschool my two kids and I'm busy with Scouting as well.  One thing I do enjoy is making all the houses and buildings I like in Sims4!!  I wish I could build them in reality just as quickly!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm late to this...but...

All my houses are inhabited, mostly by cats (made by Wolfie..is she still around here?)  Of the 11 I have, 3 are inhabited by humans.  All live in Catterville, and I have a whole story tying them all together.  I've been away from minis for about 4 years, but while I was in bed (I was bedridden part of that time), I'd dream about what they were all doing, and their iinteractions, so it's probably time to write more chapters of my "book".  Right now there is Lady Goodcat, Brimble (a male), Serena, Gabrielle, Purrsilla, Gracie Clawsen, Ric the Archaeologist, Gracie Clawson, Tuffy and his son, Mac, Shadow, Graham, Chittamou (a male French-Canadian Voyageur human), Angie, his Native American wife, human).    I've attached a couple of pictures, one of Brimble, Proprietor of Brimbles Public House, a Greenleaf Brimble store converted into a pub.  Brimble spoke to me throughout the rehab of the dollhouse (bought used off eBay), telling me that he wanted a pub, not a store!..and so he got it.  :)   The picture with the cat..is one of my dear departed babies, died last October.  But she helped rehab the Brindle with me!

Brimble on couch.JPG

Brimble Customer.JPG

Brimble and Cindy.JPG

• Like 1

10 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Don't forget that Ric the Archeologist is also human, as he is also known as Richard Leakey.  CJ can fill you in on our Wolfmeister.

Ric also looks like an archaeology professor and friend of ours, now deceased, named Alaric,  which is for whom Ric the Archaeologist is named.

19 hours ago, Catdancer said:

All my houses are inhabited, mostly by cats

These are wonderful!  As I mentioned, my Fairfield is occupied by an (imaginary) anthropomorphized cat.  Your occupants' names are very clever.  :) And I'm so sorry you lost your fur-baby.  She looks like a sweetheart.

Ive never considered dolls in my houses before (I feel like I'm the occupant) but I've been looking at the old vintage doll houses and they were usually full of dolls going about their daily routine...it just struck me as charming all of a sudden, and now I'm planning on adding a few to the MHM...completely possible it was the mansions idea. 

• Like 1