I'm away from my Fairfield, but near something I might want to buy, so...I'm asking for measurements

Elsbeth

After months, weeks, days, hours I am ready to toss my Fairfield into the trash!   I hope you do better !!     I can not get the second floor straight and the rest of the house is "off" because of it.   I am going to try and force it to behave tomorrow and that is going to be it.  Sorry for the rant~!    I wanted to say that the stairs is really tiny maybe an inch and very persnickety!   Tee hee

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Roxxie2 said:

After months, weeks, days, hours I am ready to toss my Fairfield into the trash!   I hope you do better !!     I can not get the second floor straight and the rest of the house is "off" because of it.   I am going to try and force it to behave tomorrow and that is going to be it.  Sorry for the rant~!    I wanted to say that the stairs is really tiny maybe an inch and very persnickety!   Tee hee

Been there, felt that Roxy! My RGT barn second floor warped and warped no matter what I did. I finally got p^$$3& and nailed it straight - right into my tapewire which messed up all the lights on the second floor. Just breathe, clear your mind, become zen, then try again. It is testing you, but YOU WILL WIN!!! Eventually...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Roxxie2 said:

I bow to your skill and courage in building the Fairfield --everything I have read says those stairs are a €%#^ to get in/fit right. I found my fairfield on craigslist and it was built by someone with major skills... but she was very young and unaware of how perfect all her angles were...I told her to build more houses!! But I think she is in that phase that many miniaturists go through in their early 20s where they unload/put away their "toys of childhood".  I stopped miniaturing from 18-28, but always read any books I could get...then I jumped right back in and was so happy I still had all my childhood minis. Anyway --my fairfield was prebuilt by a miniaturist who has much more patience than I have because I could never have completed that house!!! I had been known to force and break pieces out of frustration and clumsiness. Dollhouse kits everywhere breathed a sigh of relief when I stopped trying to build them. Looking forward to seeing yours!

The one end of the second floor dips down just enough to make attaching the sides impossible.   I guess I will plow on ahead and see if I can get it all together!
I need help with the tower roof also.   I can't make the edges come out without gaps no matter how you put them together.  Do you have to bend them to fit the curves of the base?  I don't get it!   :dunno:

39 minutes ago, Roxxie2 said:

Do you have to bend them to fit the curves of the base? 

Yes.  As I recall, I dampened the wood to make it more pliable, then used copious amounts of tape to keep everything in place while the glue dried.  My edges still weren't perfect, but they were pretty close, and shingles cover up any slight gaps.

• Like 1

Okkkkkkkkkkkk!   That's what I was thinking but how to get them to hang together as they are ( not bent) I couldn't get it to happen!    Thank you!:doh:

I bow to you Oh Queen of Spackle!  

3 hours ago, Roxxie2 said:

Okkkkkkkkkkkk!   That's what I was thinking but how to get them to hang together as they are ( not bent) I couldn't get it to happen!    Thank you!:doh:

I bow to you Oh Queen of Spackle!  

You're very welcome.  My brain doesn't work at complicated.