Chicago show April 21

Augh, I so want to go. Every year I say 'next year I am going to go' and chances are I would've gone this year or next if Trump wasn't the President. There have been some horror stories of people trying to get through immigration in US airports so I don't want to risk it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, shannonc60 said:

Augh, I so want to go. Every year I say 'next year I am going to go' and chances are I would've gone this year or next if Trump wasn't the President. There have been some horror stories of people trying to get through immigration in US airports so I don't want to risk it.

Me too!... I'm going to go one year, but not this one, unfortunately... Luckily before I moved home from the US in 2005 I took out citizenship so I don't have the immigration issue. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be going for sure! Just took off Friday so I could enjoy it! 

I'm busy making lists about what I would look for. One item on that list is to decide if I'm gonna buy kitchen cabinets from M&R. I want to do it for at least one of the 2 Lawbre houses I have, so I need to do a floor plan to scale and make a decision.

Was hoping Trees Beertema was going to make it to the shows this year, but I think she won't. I wanted to get another marble for the fireplace in the dining room. I guess I'll have to order one. 

Today was my adventure in learning to use a drill press at the Bishop Show workshops.  The instructor was Tom Walden, and he taught us so many great techniques.  I highly recommend this class, but it sells out quickly.

After class, I headed to the 3 Blind Mice show for opening night.  I love this show -- always a good mix of goodies in need of discovery.  There's more tomorrow and Saturday at the other two shows as well.  I love April mini weekend!!!  :ohyeah:

My goodies here:

http://www.otterine.com/blog/blog1.php/drill-press-class-and-the

• Like 4

Very jealous Brae! Would love to take a class like that. I have an under-utilised Dremel and a router table for it that is still in the box (in fact, I'm not even sure where the box is.....). And wow! So many beautiful goodies you found. Gustav must be a happy lad right now!

Brae- love looking at your goodies! 

I drooled over Art of Mini - one I hadn't heard of before. I may have to go to her site and get some. There were just soooo many things to see and buy at all three shows. I will need to get my blog updated - I got a fabulous doll, kitchen cabinets, and some other things...

This just makes me want to aim for next year... The fight is on between DH and I as to whether we stay out at O'Hare near the shows for me or in Wrigleyville so he can go to see his beloved Cubbies while I mini shop and salivate... lol

I think he should catch the train.. :D

Great Mini purchases Brae.. love them all.