Help with RGT New Orleans Kit Photos

I have no business starting this kit. I have two flower shops barely started sitting on my work table. One of them is a surprise for my mom for Mother's Day. The other one is mine because I knew if I made one to give to her I would be sad that I did not have one for me to look at here. They need to be completed in the next 5 weeks...

I have the 2017 Creatin' Contest kit sitting on a chair, waiting to be started. I have a Christmas advent calendar project waiting to be started. The deadlines for both of these are December - a mere 8 months away.

I am running out of room in my house and any new additions to the dollhouse collection will require some major reshuffling of current 1:1 household decor.

I have had the New Orleans kit for at least a couple years, so why is it calling to me now? I read the first step of the instructions and just assembling the windows got me so excited! It is completely insane to even be thinking of starting it, and yet I have no control over my emotions. I used to be such a logical and reasonable person. Minis are my drug of choice and there is no hope for me. I have truly lost my mind.

I have seen Lawanda and Judy's Pinterest boards and those photos are a great help for spacial planning. The more the better, though. So, I would love it if anyone has photos of their completed models. I'll be cracking open the New Orleans kit soon, and apparently, starting to purchase lighting and furnishings on my next "idea high".

My poor husband... Thanks in advance for links or hints!

Jodi, I'm laughing because I haven't been doing minis as long as most everyone here.  It is so fun and legally addictive. I have my own HGTV happening in my front room. The mailman hates me because he has to walk up to the porch everyday.

My husband had the " Did you see how much I paid off on the Visa?" talk with me....$30 here $20 here, and I bought that creatin' contest thing too.

(For some reason it didn't look that big online). Anyway, I'm sending you {{{ hugs}}}.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, L Swearengin said:

I Googled  the house when I started.  I tend to leave some of the "frilly " things off.  It's just me.  

I'm with you on limiting the frilly. I'm thinking contemporary with some French furniture pieces - like a couple nice Bespaq pieces and making/building all I know how to. It seems roomy inside - does the living room come with two openings or did you add one?

I have searched through pages and pages googling, but it doesn't seem like there is a whole lot out there. Your pictures are a big help, though! I love the colors you used and all the lighting!

11 minutes ago, Mid-life madness said:

Jodi, I'm laughing because I haven't been doing minis as long as most everyone here.  It is so fun and legally addictive. I  my own HGTV happening in my front room. The mailman hates me because he has to walk up to the porch everyday.

My husband had the " Did you see how much I paid off on the Visa?" talk with me....$30 here $20 here, and I bought that creatin' contest thing too.

(For some reason it didn't look that big online). Anyway, I sending you {{{ hugs}}}.

Oh the packages! My mail lady always catches me in my jammies - she must think I am the laziest person in the world who also happens to have a shopping addiction. She may be half right!

I am still so on the fence about the Creatin' Contest kit. Do you already know what you're going to do with it? I probably should not have bought it until I knew for sure I'd do it, but I ordered it a few days before the winner was announced and my idea was so similar it kind of took the air out of my balloon. 

Thanks for the hugs! It is so nice to have sympathetic company in the throws of this addiction!

• Like 1

I shouldn't comment as I have dozens of houses all going at the same time. For me, I need to do it that way so that when I get stuck I can keep working on another house. I usually know what to do when I get back to the original house that was giving me problems.

My mail lady also knows me well. It seems like she is always dropping packages off at the front door.

As for the New Orleans house - I don't have this one, but I know you will do a swell job with it. Just listen, it sounds like it is already talking to you!

1 hour ago, Mid-life madness said:

Jodi, I'm laughing because I haven't been doing minis as long as most everyone here.  It is so fun and legally addictive. I have my own HGTV happening in my front room. The mailman hates me because he has to walk up to the porch everyday.

(For some reason it didn't look that big online). Anyway, I'm sending you {{{ hugs}}}.

My spouse has no clue.  The mail ĺady here loves my houses.....small town, yes she's seen them.  And I haven't been building for very long.  I built my first house on Christmas break from college in 90 something,  went back to work full time and didn't touch another house until I retired...again in 2015 (?).  Then I started again with building.   My daughters call me a hourder.  That hurts sometime, but then I chuckle and remember I'm spending their inheritance.   All they will get is the bils.

1 hour ago, L Swearengin said:

My spouse has no clue.  The mail ĺady here loves my houses.....small town, yes she's seen them.  And I haven't been building for very long.  I built my first house on Christmas break from college in 90 something,  went back to work full time and didn't touch another house until I retired...again in 2015 (?).  Then I started again with building.   My daughters call me a hourder.  That hurts sometime, but then I chuckle and remember I'm spending their inheritance.   All they will get is the bils.

I took a 9 year hiatus to do the career thing too. It will be five years this July since I started back up again, and I've honestly never been so happy. My hubs has a Jeep, so he figures he spends a lot more money than I do. I'm not going to argue with that. :O)

Getting back at the kids for calling you a hoarder is awesome! I say pursue whatever you're passionate about - tomorrow may never come so it's best to buy more minis today! 

• Like 1

I thought I was the only one that bought the 2017 Creatin' Contest Kit and didn't know what to do ! I have Three, 

that's Three room boxes going and started  the DC Victorian VH - 600 that I had to take over another spare bedroom for.

So now I use 2 bedrooms and a very large closet ! I have a loft left ,so I guess I can put the contest kit in there. Oh,I forgot I have a xmass house 1/2 done too. I have a husband that doesn't care what I spend, I'm the one who doesn't like to spend money on Mimi's  (I always think I can make that). I bought the The White House Lincoln  Bed with the 40% off coupon,it took me a week to deside on it. Oh well . SO what did somebody else buy?

Thanks for listening ...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mineejv said:

I thought I was the only one that bought the 2017 Creatin' Contest Kit and didn't know what to do ! I have Three, 

that's Three room boxes going and started  the DC Victorian VH - 600 that I had to take over another spare bedroom for.

So now I use 2 bedrooms and a very large closet ! I have a loft left ,so I guess I can put the contest kit in there. Oh,I forgot I have a xmass house 1/2 done too. I have a husband that doesn't care what I spend, I'm the one who doesn't like to spend money on Mimi's  (I always think I can make that). I bought the The White House Lincoln  Bed with the 40% off coupon,it took me a week to deside on it. Oh well . SO what did somebody else buy?

Thanks for listening ...

I was thinking a "tiny house", even bought a car to take wheels off.........mexican food anyone????