Chateau de Champlain 1st floor update

jrchob

Living room floor is down and polyurethaned. Will wait with mouldings til fireplace comes.Changed floor in hallway and finished trim around entrance.The diagram in instructions had the full kitchen divider and 1/2 living room divider going against the front of the house. I wanted 3 distinct rooms.

Deciding what to do with second floor space. Keep coming back to what is in the photo. Big bedroom may have a partitioned sitting area (or something else!) Using the 1/2 divider there breaks up the space. Third floor is playroom and sewing room.

For some reason I aways find what I'm looking for!!

019.JPG.454909b1e504164ee934d490cbd055a7

58e3f2b5e44a3_Floorandstairs.thumb.JPG.0Hall.JPG.b5987b65976f5af9979eaf8b4ec66dcTrim.JPG.e10e5e82544bedc965d43defb630927Overlook.JPG.51c15c0f85725c7c60c12c63d8a

Everyone is all about the stairs but I'm just over here like "OMG TELL ME ABOUT YOUR SQUISHY TREEING WALKER COONHOUND!!!!"

Signed,

Hound dog momma :D

P.S. Your house looks wonderful and the stairs do look great!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, SewMini said:

Everyone is all about the stairs but I'm just over here like "OMG TELL ME ABOUT YOUR SQUISHY TREEING WALKER COONHOUND!!!!"

Signed,

Hound dog momma :D

P.S. Your house looks wonderful and the stairs do look great!

Thanks! The hound is Matilda the basset. She died Dec. 31, 2014. I put bassets in all my houses,usually in the kitchen!

On 4/6/2017, 10:28:55, WyckedWood said:

Ditto what Sarah said, I love the staircase. Color, size and style. 

Thank you! I found the Lawbre stairs on ebay for @ 1/2 price. I did have to reduce the width to make them fit. Stained them a mahogany to match front door.

6 minutes ago, jrchob said:

Thanks! The hound is Matilda the basset. She died Dec. 31, 2014. I put bassets in all my houses,usually in the kitchen!

Aww Im sorry you lost her but she was a beauty! I have a TWC named Bacon so I get overly excited about hound dogs especially when I see those long ears!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

On to the second floor!

58f50045c34f8_Girlsbedroom.JPG.a714cae0f58f50065d6664_Otherbedroom.JPG.1671a21ddOverview.JPG.334a8a9f6162539d47af5e177aa58f500b2454d1_Fireplacedetail.JPG.ee18e7

I have a lot of moulding and skirt board work left to do. Been pondering what to do for the floor on the 3rd level. It will be a play area and a sewing room. I've looked at floor papers but haven't seen any I like. Really don't want to do another wood floor. I thought of painting and using large area rugs. The other thing I am considering is painting the shutters Heritage Brick instead of navy. That is the color I will use in the brick chimneys.

44 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

I wish you had a close up of that second floor border paper, it looks really lovely from here.  I have painted floors to simulate linoleum.

Thanks Holly. It's one of my favorite "girly" papers.

013.JPG.00d0fb9a44737564bceaf7ddc6167226

• Like 1