UK Preston Manor Kit

Ninja

Hi & sorry for absence....family things went kind of mental after I first said hello. However, in among everything immersion in my mini hobby kept a level of sanity! So here are a few pictures of my Georgian manor build (A Preston Manor kit by Dollshouse Workshop in the UK). There is still a lot to do, filling things up, completing the nursery, finding & clothing dolls, more needlepoint & so on - the list is endless!

Preston Manor Front.jpg

Whole House.jpg

Edited by Ninja
  • Like 6

Thank you :-) Griffonfeathers if you shrink you can certainly move in, although the kitchen is not up to modern standards...hence the hedgehog to eat some of the bugs! 

Been trying to create an album but I think I must be restricted as yet as even a 35kb pic won't upload to it. So forgive me for posting a couple of upstairs pics here.

Dining or ballroom.jpg

Drawing Room.jpg

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Ninja said:

There is still a lot to do, filling things up, completing the nursery, finding & clothing dolls, more needlepoint & so on - the list is endless!

That's part of the fun!! Your house is beautiful and filled with so much detail. Love the dog in the kitchen. Look forward to more pictures!

These rooms are absolutely beautiful!  I already commented on the mural, but now I can see the ceiling and the floor, all the lovely bits on the table and sideboard, and that parquet floor!  I assume you did the needlework pillows and fire screen?  Stunning!  Can't wait to see more details on the other rooms.

Thank you everyone :-) Your comments are so kind, and have given me a real boost!

The parquet floor seemed to take forever but has turned out as I hoped. I love doing mini needlepoint, in particular items like cushions & bell pulls as they are small enough to take anywhere with me (even though we always go off on holiday on our motorbikes, there's always a little corner to stash a small item to work on!). 

Here's a couple more pics. I still have tons of books to make & curios to find for the study, and the bedroom needs some ladylike clutter...

His Lordships Study.jpg

Miladys Boudoir.jpg

Edited by Ninja

Thanks for the lovely comment Jo. The rocker washer was built from bass wood & aged with steel wool soaked in vinegar. I love finding out about all the quirky things they uused to have in days gone by :-) It's lovely to see you on here - I remember you from another place a few years back, & love your work. Looking forward to catching up with your builds (can't remember my username from the other one but I'm Cath from Cumbria!)

Glad to hook up again Cath, I have been a member here for a long time but as I haven't been building recently I have not been around much lately.

I'm impressed by your washer, excellent job. I'm making an old lady to sit by the fire in the cottage today, She's not far off finished but somewhere along the way she fell asleep and I think she will sleep forever now - lol.

This is the upper hall. The rocking horse started life as a Schleich pony. Hope you are not squeamish...I sawed his legs off, wired them & filled with milliput to get the rocking horse stance. He got painted with acrylics & his plastic mane & tail  also got the butcher treatment & were replaced with dolls hair. I made the rockers from bass wood, and the hardest bit of all was attaching horse to rockers - ended up drilling his feet & rockers in matching places, then inserting cocktail sticks covered in epoxy glue to join them. Has never come adrift since, thank goodness! His tack is made from felt & ribbons, with the stirrups made from paperclips.

Top landing.jpg

Edited by Ninja
Forgot some detail
  • Like 1