Minneapolis dollhouse store

smjsome

Many years ago I went to a brick and mortar store, does anyone know if it's still around?  I literally don't remember it's name, etc, but have a friend going this week to Minneapolis and if anyone knows anything?

Five years ago there was a miniature store in Edina. I visited there and although it wasn't a large store, it did have a lot of stuff in it. Now, it's been a long time and I'm fuzzy about the directions, so I may be off on them, but here goes:

Head north or south on Hwy 100 to 50th and France in the Edina area. Go east on 50th. Drive past France Ave and after that, keep a lookout on the right side. The store is on one of those streets to the right and I can't remember which one. The store itself will be on the left hand side of one of those streets, so if they're going east on 50th, they should be able to see it coming up. It's like the second building from the corner of 50th and whatever street it's on. If they go up 50th past Penn St. and they haven't seen it, then it's probably not there anymore.

Is your friend going anywhere near Duluth? I understand there's a large miniature store there.

There are also numerous hobby stores in the Twin Cities, but I'd call to make sure they have miniatures before I'd drive out to them, Some of them are really small.

I did a street view walk-around on Google Earth yesterday trying to find it and I didn't see it. So I figured it was closed. Now I'm sorry I didn't go there more often when I was in Minnesota. So it looks like the only miniature stores in the state are the two I saw: the big one in Duluth and what must be a super small one in Nexxa? Nassa? somewhere north of St. Cloud.

How depressing. And why I won't be moving back to Minnesota anytime before the end of my life.

I live in the Twin Cities, and remember calling that store a few years ago, but when I tried to find it in the past few weeks, as everyone said, it seemed that it closed. 

What is the store in Duluth called?  We go there every now and again.  I'll have to look into that.

There's this one too. I finally got the town name. If you're heading north, you may as well hit them all:

Rebecca's Dolls & Miniatures
25458 Main St, Nisswa, MN 56468
(218) 963-0165

Looks like she has some House that Jack Built dollhouses in her shop.

It seems to me I just read a story on the Duluth shop where she had to move into another building in Duluth. But her current shop is supposed to be 2000 sq ft.