Making miniature drinks

I have Done that with using liquid fimo tinted with minute amount of the colour effect wanted and then stirred it in (no water colours though) for an example either Ford colouring dyes or the sceneic colouring stuff and/or chalk powders. Add to where you want it And bake.

4 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

Anna, why not watercolors?  Just asking; I occasionally mix minute traces of acrylics from the tube to polymer clay whilst working it to get a particular color I want.

Acrylics from Tubes, rich and creamy I have no worries with it is the ones where one starts out with the dry little had one, add water and swirls around (over those go by the namn akvarell colours) the latter can give nasty bublbes and an occassional explosion of the cup/glass used... :doh: I suspekt it is the ration water to pigment that does it. 

Thank you Elsbeth, I visited this site. 

I was hoping to make orange juice and milk in the plastic miniature glasses.

i only wanted to make maybe 6 miniature drinks. Seems this export is a large amount and quite expensive. Maybe I should just purchase oj and Milk from a miniature store.

Thank you guys so much!

15 hours ago, Anna said:

Acrylics from Tubes, rich and creamy I have no worries with it is the ones where one starts out with the dry little had one, add water and swirls around (over those go by the namn akvarell colours) the latter can give nasty bublbes and an occassional explosion of the cup/glass used... :doh: I suspekt it is the ration water to pigment that does it. 

I collected several jars of pickles and fruits etc form a seller I saw at shows. I wrapped all of these up carefully and put them away for "the right project" I am now doing that project so I got my hoard of lovely jams pickles etc out to admire them and almost every one has exploded - so sad

20 minutes ago, Jo Med said:

I collected several jars of pickles and fruits etc form a seller I saw at shows. I wrapped all of these up carefully and put them away for "the right project" I am now doing that project so I got my hoard of lovely jams pickles etc out to admire them and almost every one has exploded - so sad

Oh no!  I would definitely try to let the seller know what happened, as they may have been unaware of the possibility.

13 hours ago, L Swearengin said:

I tinted tacky glue in a small glass.  Worked great.  Takes a couple if days to dry completely,  but the tacky glue dries clear, so only the color shows. 

The problem with tacky glue is that it tends to shrink/evaporate over time. I used it in a birdbath, had a nice layer of water at first. Now, a few years later, it is no more than a shiny surface. 

1 hour ago, Jo Med said:

Oh no, how awful! I have heard of something similar when someone had used a regin of some kind that sort of continued expanding when Curing, which with some resins takes a loooong time and if put in an airtight container that can happen. 

Hugs

Late to the party, but I use jewelry resin (which is just like any other two part resin, just I find it comes in smaller bottles and it easier to get (any Hobby Lobby, for example) - http://www.hobbylobby.com/Crafts-Hobbies/Clay-Molding-Sculpting/Casting/Jewelry-Resin/p/112349

Sculpey is about to release "Sculpey Clear" which is a new liquid polymer clay that, unlike Translucent Liquid Sculpey, actually bakes super clear. I am so excited to try it, and it sounds like it might be perfect for little beverages, but it isn't out yet. :/ - https://www.sculpey.com/clay-lines/111-liquid-bakeable-sculpey

However, Belinda, you might be better off just getting a few glasses from a miniature store because of something no one here has mentioned yet.... something you should be warned about....

MAKING MINIATURE BEVERAGES IS ADDICTIVE!!!!

Oh sure, it starts with 6 little glasses of juice or milk but before you know it... you're addicted. I've seen it happen. :) Especially resin. Before you know it, you're making bird baths and ponds and aquariums and goldfish bowls and then... "Oh yeah, I never did make that orange juice." :)

Good luck whatever you decide to do! And welcome! :)

- Wendy

Edited by Griffonfeathers
Unbelievably bad grammar
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sugar Charm Shop and Akamarukawaii both make excellent tutorials for beverages and minis. Resin is great, but you have to use the correct pigment (not acrylic paints) Your best bet is making/buying beverage molds, or small plastic cups, and using the resin. You can also use the "translucent" liquid clays, but make sure you use polymer clay to color it. I feel that that would be a good solution seeing as how milk and OJ are opaque-ish anyhow. Some resins can be baked as well, which would allow you to make the cup. I have also seen people make the "beverage" in the shape of a cup with resin, and then wrap some plastic or acetate sheets around to simulate the cup (also using chips of these materials in the resin to simulate ice)

Edit: UV resin may also be a good option, but is expensive. It cures with the light, quickly. I know miniature sweet has all of the supplies, as well as like the cups and things. 

Edited by nyanXnyan
Forgot something!