Christmas wreath vignette

WyckedWood

Anyone remember the wooden vignettes/ room boxes that were round and made to go behind a Christmas wreath? Miniatures.com used to sell them. Does anyone know where I could still find one, and/or a pattern,instructions to make one? Thanks.

I'd love to do a brambly hedge mouse scene in one..maybe change with the seasons. You could use a lavender wreath in the summer, etc :) I really regret not buying one when they used to be in the catalog, some things you just assume will always be there and then one day they're not. 

Good idea but what about the weight? It looks like theyre hung up by the back of the boards and the wreath is somehow attached to the boards? Not quite sure how the wreath is attached or if it's attached. 

Maybe this is it....I've now seen 3 different widths, one at 5inches from superior miniatures, and looks like miniatures marketplace is selling one that doesn't look like the original one that used to be in the catalog and it's only 3 inches, and this one on amazon says it's 8 inches. None of them seem to have the floor partition which I guess would be easy enough to add. 

https://www.amazon.com/Dollhouse-Miniature-Add-Wreath-Stand/dp/B003BQBVIU

Never mind that amazon link is just for the stand and is sold by hbs thru amazon...surely those boxes would have been more than 3 inches? That's not even enough width for a decent size tree.

2 hours ago, chapchap73 said:

I'm thinking you could use the decorative paper boxes that a lot of the big craft stores carry.  I have seen them in circle shapes.

That is a great idea. At Christmas they carry the boxes with holiday themes too.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WyckedWood said:

Anyone remember the wooden vignettes/ room boxes that were round and made to go behind a Christmas wreath? Miniatures.com used to sell them. Does anyone know where I could still find one, and/or a pattern,instructions to make one? Thanks.

We might have one of these (maybe two) left over from closing our Brick & Mortar store last month. Would you like me to look? It was a book and a wooden round box thing that looked like the bottom of a hat box. Let me know and I'll look around the warehouse. :)

• Like 2

Yes there was a booklet that went with it for decorating. I'd love for you to check, but if it's the 3 inch depth I'm thinking it would be too small for what I had in mind. And it looks like the 3 inch depth ones are still available at hbs online. If it's deeper than 3 though I would love the chance to purchase, thanks so much for the offer :) 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, WyckedWood said:

Yes there was a booklet that went with it for decorating. I'd love for you to check, but if it's the 3 inch depth I'm thinking it would be too small for what I had in mind. And it looks like the 3 inch depth ones are still available at hbs online. If it's deeper than 3 though I would love the chance to purchase, thanks so much for the offer :) 

You betcha! Happy to help!  I'll double check either tonight or before work tomorrow.

I really think it was deeper than 3 inches, because I kind of toyed with putting some felt mice in one at one point, but there's only one way to find out! :) I'll let you know as soon as I know!

• Like 2

Well, poop. @WyckedWood, I am told by my beautiful assistant, David who is currently working at the warehouse, that we don't have any of them left. :(

But, I can also tell you that the original box was the DDL900 Wreath Box and it was 16" in diameter by 5" deep. If you can get a copy of the booklet that went with it, it went into detail on how to make the floor, and even running wiring!

Sorry I didn't have one for you. :( But I hope you find just the right box! And wreath, too!

5 minutes ago, WyckedWood said:

Curious if you know, does the "DD" stand for Dees Delights? If so maybe I could ask someone with access to that catalog. 

It does!

I was looking through Handley House's website (which is where we got all of our Dee's Delights stuff from), and they only have the DDL900A which is 12" x 3", but the ones we had were definitely 16" x 5".

Sarah and Carrie might be onto something with getting round gift boxes from a crafty store. I might have to poke around Michael's or Hobby Lobby (I have a yarn project that I need supplies for)  and see what they have.

Now you have ME thinking about doing one of these, gosh darn it! You are a bad influence!!! :roflmao:

• Like 1

I dont know why one of the round hat boxes from Hobby lobby or any such store wouldnt be strong enough to handle the weight of a wreath and a room inside

I would probably use 2 hooks on the back of it to distribute weight better but its worth a shot to look at them and foamcore would make a floor...several sizes...

• Like 1