Suggestions. on Allison house

L Swearengin

So, I'm not going to have enough bricks (I made over 400 lol) or patience, to do the whole house.   I'm adding clapboard siding.  My question...paint the brick or leave as is.  I've put work in progress on pinterest under " Allison"    as I stare at the pictures,  I'm not sure I like the cross mulions in the curved window. .thoughts??

I can't tell about painting the bricks, is the house going to be pink? Maybe paint the widow moldings and trim something on the opposite side of the color wheel for more contrast?

I think the mullions might be a tad too wide and that is why you are questioning them.

Whatever you do it will be beautiful anyway. :bigwink:

• Like 1

I like the bricks as they are, especially if the clapboard is as pinkish as it looks on my monitor.  I agree about those mullions being 'way wide, they make the house look toylike.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nuttiwebgal said:

could you give a link to the house? no idea how to look up a person on pintrest and the word Allison brings up a whole lot of stuff...

Lawanda's Pinterest link is at the bottom of her post; click on it and you will be on her page, and her Allison album is the newest, so the last one:  https://www.pinterest.com/lawandasweareng/allison-dollhouse/

5 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

Which Allison? The RGT one or the Artply one?

She posted earlier that it's the Artply

• Like 1

The problem is that Lawanda's Pinterest link is in her signature, and the Signature section does not appear for mobile users like me. (it also doesn't display names or locations of members. :( ). And there is no way to change that, believe me I tried after the latest big forum update. Hated that last update. So I haven't been able to see any of the pictures that she posts. To add insult to injury, Pinterest is hard to use on my phone, especially without logging in, and I have no interest in joining. It allows me to see a few pictures, but no navigation. Sad face. Oh well. 

So thank you for posting the link! Excited to finally see her house, what few pictures I can see. And it's looking great Lawanda, love the bricks!

• Like 1

Lawanda, I still like the brickwork the way it is with the color on your Allison.  If they really bother you, make a really dilute wash with a light gray and a drop of the peach paint and wash your bricks with it (do one in an out of the way place to see if you like it, and let it dry).

• Like 1

ty for the link....

2 hours ago, sparklepuppies said:

The problem is that Lawanda's Pinterest link is in her signature, and the Signature section does not appear for mobile users

well I am on my laptop and I dont see her signature with pinterest link either... so again thanks for the link... 

you are off to a great start...ty for sharing

• Like 1

Under Lawanda's post there's  [+], "Quote" and "Go to top ^ buttons; below that there's a very faint line, and below that is her Pinterest link; that's how it appears on the laptop I'm using, which is somewhat elderly in computer years.

Okay thanks. That doesn't appear in the mobile version. I miss on the old version of the forums where we had the choice to switch between mobile and classic themes... But no more.

Some of us will just have to rely on others to post a link for us from time to time! :)

And Lawanda, no worries, I certainly understand from one phone user to another!