Reynolds Advanced Materials

SewMini

This weekend I came across a great booth at Comic Con. It was Reynolds Advanced Materials. They drew me in with the fake blood (sorry Maya really loves to cosplay Walking Dead) but they kept me there when I found out they have BOATLOADS of model sculpting supplies. Everything from mold making silicone (even food grade!) to stone powder additives for epoxy to crystal clear epoxy resin they just had it all. I haven't looked into the prices yet but they had so many things that I think would translate well to miniatures. I was especially impressed the air epoxy that is super lightweight and can be sculpted into basically anything (hello external stone work!). They've got quite a few locations. I will be dangerously spoiled because their chicago location is literally 5 minutes from my house. I have a feeling I will have a new store to haunt.

http://www.reynoldsam.com/

• Like 4

Whoa ... fascinating!!  Uh-oh more reasons to stay awake @ night thinking up new schemes and making new plans using all these cool products. Thanks for the link. 

I mean, I wonder if you could even make a brick/stone mold by using a standard silicone mold creation process then filled the mold with a paper pulp so that you'd get super light stonework siding with lots of texture. More than you could get with the stencils. It would be a lot of up front work but you could use it multiple times.