Newbie--The Arthur Kit arriving today!

Marcy

Hello, I've been fascinated with small things my entire life.  I remember reading an article about dollhouses when I was in high school.  I remember two things from the article: 1-How absolutely transfixed I was with the doll house on display and 2Hhow anyone looking at the kitchen would see the little white eggs in the basket, but they wouldn't see the yellow yolks inside.  Only the creator would know the yolks existed in the eggs but it was a satisfaction worth achieving.  I've always felt the same way...the details are important, even if I am the only one who knows the details are there.  I'm hoping to take this obsession with little details with me as I explore the world of minis.

• Like 1

Welcome to the little family, Marlyce.  Which scale Arthur is it, the 1:12 or the 1:24?  I have built the 1:12 for a DIL and I have a 1:24 waiting in the pile of unbuilt kits.  Polyester neckties have wonderful small designs that are perfect for mini upholstery.

Thank you all for the welcome!  I have the 1:12.  I'm still reading through all of the instructions.  It is going to be a slow going project since I can only do it a little after work.  But maybe during the summer I'll be able to do a lot more!  I teach school so I'm really looking forward to my summer break!