Itsy Bitsy Carrara marble slab wallpaper

fov

Has anyone used this paper? I haven't seen it in person and I'm wondering how realistic it is. I'd like to use it for the countertop and shower/tub surround in a half scale bathroom.

http://itsybitsymini.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1222_160&products_id=6552

http://itsybitsymini.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1222_160&products_id=6551

I've had really bad luck with printie wallpaper fading. A room in my Queen Anne Rowhouse is totally ruined and impossible to fix without tearing out the stairs and breaking a light. In the Victorianna's other bathroom I had to replace a floor that faded and the shower tiles (which are inaccessible) are also starting to fade. In the bathroom I'm working on now, the shower surround will also be inaccessible once it's finished and I don't want to chance it. If I end up with another impossible to fix wallpaper situation I'll have a meltdown. :(

(Thanks anyway for the link, though, those countertops do look nice!)

Carrie, thanks for the offer! I'll send you a PM.

I usually paint my countertops. I want to do something different this time, and since I have the countertop plus two surrounds (shower and tub) to do, I thought paper would be easiest.

11 hours ago, fov said:

I've had really bad luck with printie wallpaper fading.

Emily, maybe a print service has an archival, color laser version they print out for you?

Most of them you can upload your image file & pick it up when its ready.

I don't think it would cost more than the dollhouse wallpaper, maybe a couple of bucks?

Worth a call.

1 hour ago, havanaholly said:

I might be tempted to try marbling techniques on paper and seal it.

Oh yeah, archival spray varnish contains ultraviolet light filters and stabilizers - forgot about that one. :) 

22 hours ago, fov said:

I've had really bad luck with printie wallpaper fading. A room in my Queen Anne Rowhouse is totally ruined and impossible to fix without tearing out the stairs and breaking a light. In the Victorianna's other bathroom I had to replace a floor that faded and the shower tiles (which are inaccessible) are also starting to fade. In the bathroom I'm working on now, the shower surround will also be inaccessible once it's finished and I don't want to chance it. If I end up with another impossible to fix wallpaper situation I'll have a meltdown. :(

(Thanks anyway for the link, though, those countertops do look nice!)

Hmmm.. I didn't think about fading.. I wonder if a ink fixative would stop that from happening... I'm going to have to re-think using printies now... I don't want that to happen either! It must be incredibly frustrating. Thanks for sharing your experience.

On the upside, maybe you can use the itsy bitsy paper in the same way as the tutorial does... If you buy it let us know how it goes, I would be interested in using it too. :D