Identify this plug in!

jbnmini

I am working on the tape wiring for the latest rehab project...and the wiring is only on the 2nd floor with this odd plug in.  The tape wire is damaged, but you can see where it came out from the back.  This was then connected to the main tape wire run with brads.  Can anyone help me out to identify it - and maybe where (if) I can find another one to replace it?    thanks!

2nd floor plug in.JPG

What is so odd is that the tape comes directly out of the back of the plug-in.....not like the usual junction splice that has the nails that make the connection....  What I need to know is if anyone has ever seen something like this and knows what company may have made it and if I can still get it!  I need to either find one like this or come up with something similar.

Either that or I am gonna try prying it apart to see if I can fix it! 

plug in.JPG

1 hour ago, fov said:

Why do you need to fix it? How are you planning to use it?

Am wondering the same thing. I'd be a bit leery of trying to fix something like this. Can you not substitute some other electrical connection?

My thoughts were to simply replace the tape and junction with new ones - - the junction (while at a rather unusual and unhandy spot, IMHO) was cleverly concealed and I thought I would try to restore it using the same type of system.

However, I have come to the conclusion that this odd junction was either home-made or simply no longer available....and since I am planning on installing the tapewire on all three floors this time, I have decided to simply re-locate the starting point to the opposite side of the house- at the base of the stairs (and use a modern junction splice!). 

Perhaps I will hide a tiny treasure box under the secret floorboards where the old junction box used to be.  :) 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, jbnmini said:

Perhaps I will hide a tiny treasure box under the secret floorboards where the old junction box used to be.  :) 

Love it!