Sydney Miniature Show 2017

The Sydney Miniature Show starts today! :D
I heading down for the day, I hope I see some of my fellow Aussie Greenleafers.... 

7 hours ago, Samusa said:

The Sydney Miniature Show starts today! :D
I heading down for the day, I hope I see some of my fellow Aussie Greenleafers.... 

Yes - would love to see some pictures!

Will post some pics of some of my haul tomorrow... I got upgraded on the flight home and had a few (read several) wines... drinking red wine emoticondrinking wine emoticon  :cocktail:... I think if I took pictures tonight they might be a little fuzzy.... :crazyeyes:

10 hours ago, Samusa said:

Will post some pics of some of my haul tomorrow... I got upgraded on the flight home and had a few (read several) wines... drinking red wine emoticondrinking wine emoticon  :cocktail:... I think if I took pictures tonight they might be a little fuzzy.... :crazyeyes:

Good work Sam! It was lovely to meet you yesterday! I haven't purchased much as the traders I wanted are not attending. Much fewer traders this year unfortunately. 

6 hours ago, shannonc60 said:

Good work Sam! It was lovely to meet you yesterday! I haven't purchased much as the traders I wanted are not attending. Much fewer traders this year unfortunately. 

Haha... I'm not much of a drinker so... oy oy!.. lol... I couldn't pass up that lovely first class wine though.. :D

It was so great to meet you Shannon... loved our chat (well mostly, me bashing your ear and you patiently listening:doh:.. sorry about that!) 

I wish I could have stayed a bit longer, but lucky I left when I did.. I only just made my flight because the traffic was horrendous.. I didn't even get time to refill the hire car before dropping it off and they charged me $4.50 a litre!:eek:.. At least I didn't use to many in my little economy car... :D

I know what you mean it was a shame there weren't more Artisans there, because that's what I really go for at shows but, I still had a great time and was glad I got to get some of Lidi's baskets.... I could have easily bought out her whole stall.. if I had an unlimited budget of course... I'm a sucker for baskets and rattan in any scale. ;) I consoled myself with the fact that she has an etsy shop so I can save up and get some of the others I had my eye on.

I absolutely loved your houses and your furniture & accessories.. Your sofa & chair are particularly gorgeous... I often find a lot of half scale is a bit comical & the parts that should be refined, like legs, are often too thick.. but yours are really well scaled... lovely work! .... If I ever get up the courage (and some new eyes) to do a half scale it's going to be one of your kits. :) Looking forward to seeing the Gypsy wagon come out too.

Ok, here's a couple of piccies of my purchases. Full Haul over at my Blog

IMG_2929.JPG

Fishing Creel, Large Lobster Pot and Cane Lobster Trap by IGMA Artist Lidi Stroud. (she has an etsy shop called Basketcase Miniatures). Her baskets are exquisite I really could have gone completely crazy at her stall but I just kept telling myself that I can find her on Etsy. :)

IMG_2937.JPG

I also bought a small row boat/dinghy from her husband, here it is loaded up and ready for a day on the bay. These items will be perfect for the Captain's House which is a future build.. I know, I know:doh:.. but they were too great to pass up!

IMG_2943.JPG

I picked up these lovely Staghorn ferns for the vertical wall garden that is going out side the basement apartment of the San Franciscan.. also some "concrete" pots for the upper garden and a hanging basket that I may use on the porch.. not sure... of course I couldn't resist a couple more of Lidi's baskets & the cabinet is intended as a junk cupboard for the garage.. I may have to tone down the finish..:eek: but for $4 it was a no brainer.. and actually I quite like it here.. :)

IMG_2960.JPG

Of course I was hunting kits but it was slim pickings.. I missed out on a few too... too slow and forgetful.. lol

2 hours ago, Samusa said:

Ok, here's a couple of piccies of my purchases. Full Haul over at my Blog

Great stuff Sam. Those baskets are very cool. I wanted a basket (weeellll, lots of them really!) but limited budget these days. Maybe next time! And the Phoenix hob looks great as do all the Phoenix kits. I usually look for them too. Love how you've set all your goodies up for the photos! And thank you for the compliments - happy you liked them all! We've had a great weekend.

On 5/7/2017, 5:07:03, Samusa said:

Ok, here's a couple of piccies of my purchases.

Those baskets are soon good! Wow! And I also love the little staghorns - where I grew up in North Qld they were everywhere! 

On 5/13/2017, 10:39:31, aussieguy84 said:

Those baskets are soon good! Wow! And I also love the little staghorns - where I grew up in North Qld they were everywhere! 

I couldn't walk past the staghorns.. so Queensland. :D 
My Dad and Grandad used to grow them everywhere in their gardens.. so they brought back fond memories.