Tape wire covering

8 posts in this topic

Hi everyone. I am remodeling my RGT Farmhouse Jr. I have decided to put in lights using the tape wire. How do I cover the walls so that the tape wire is not showing?

Wallpaper will cover the tape wire. Or you can make templates out of thin cardboard (like a file folder) that can be painted or wallpapered and then attached to the wall with double-stick tape or remain removable (slide it in under/behind the baseboards and ceiling trim). 

2 people like this

The house I'm currently working on will not have wallpaper, I'm painting the walls. It's a challenge but I'm placing the tapewire under the baseboards.  The runs from floor to floor are along the left open edge of the house and will be covered with channel moulding. I've experimented with plugging lamps through the baseboards and so far, so good. I don't use outlets, I just plug directly into the baseboard after peeling away the protective coating. As long as the prong touches a smidgen of copper, it works.

3 people like this

Hey Sable- do you have any photos of this method?  Sometimes when doing a rehab I could use another option like this!  :) 

1 person likes this

52 minutes ago, jbnmini said:

Hey Sable- do you have any photos of this method?  Sometimes when doing a rehab I could use another option like this!  :) 

I was wondering the same thing, thanks for asking.

I would be happy to.  Give me a few days though. I need a new phone since my current one has no more memory for photos or anything else.

1 person likes this

The first photo shows a mockup of the tapewire in a vertical position behind the baseboard. The excess tapewire helps to line up the plug. After I am finished with the floor and baseboards (maybe in another year) I'll trim the excess tapewire off. In another room I have the tapewire running parallel with the floor and behind the entire baseboard. I can't get a pic of that. Sorry about the carriage lamp, it's the only plug-in lamp I could quickly grab for the photo.

The second photo is of the tapewire running up the edge of the house to be eventually covered with moulding.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

1 person likes this

Thanks for the pics!!  Will have to try the plug into the baseboard method sometime!