What is the brand and name of this house?

1martinimomma

It is already put together at a doll house store in San Antonio for $10,000, and yes, you read that right.  The name they have on it is Classic Dollhouse.  I would like to keep my eye out for one on ebay.  I looked through RGT website but didn't see it there.

Classic Dollhouse

• Like 1

It's the Sea Side Villa by Norm's Dollhouse. The Sea Side Villa was based on a dollhouse named the Visalian that I think was based on a real house in California, so depending on the age it could be the Visalian. There are slight differences between the two but I don't know what they are.

There's a finished one on eBay for I think $1600. That one's been on eBay for several years. My dog's vet is working on this dollhouse so I'm always looking out for pictures of finished ones to share with her.

• Like 1

Brae, you didn't have to send that link.  Now my finger wants to press "Add this to my Cart" button!!!!!:cry:

That's very interesting because this is what it states:

Completely finished inside and out by the artisans at My Doll House, Inc. in the "Heights"  aka San Antonio, Texas.  This is same dollhouse store that the house I bought off Craigslist came from and she said she paid like $450 for.  It's the Lady Anna house.  I gave her $100 for it.

So, I guess they bought it built and then finished themselves.

• Like 1

Valerie, your 1/4" house is a miniature version of the Visalian (and I think it's adorable!). It's very, very similar to the Seaside Villa except for the windows on the first floor and the doohickey thing on the roof of the second story porch. Now whether the interiors of the Visalian and the Seaside Villa are the same, I really don't know. I don't think I've ever seen the back and sides of the Visalian. Here is the Visalian:

591f44cd5e347_Picture006.thumb.jpg.c6d33

And it seems to me that Duracraft did a similar house, long, long, long ago (contrary to what you guys may think, I'm not that old, even if I feel like it most of the time LOL).

• Like 2

Your right Kelly, the 1/4 scale version was called the Visalian.  

Colleen, the kit is no longer in production.  I keep hoping she will bring it out of retirement but I am not holding my breath.   I've been looking for one for at least two years and have only come across one that was on ebay and it was partially built and wallpapered which I did not want to get involved with.

In my opinion, whether one builds the 1" scale Visalian or Seaside Villa the house really needs those bay windows to make it complete.  One would have to do some filling and cutting to accommodate them on  the Seaside Villa but it would be well worth it.

There is a gorgeous Visalian on the cover of Miniature Collector magazine from March 1998.  It is beautifully finished by a Southern California mini shop owner and she used Lawbre windows and doors except for the bay windows.  I got to see that house in her shop (now closed) many years ago and it has always been one of my all time favorite houses.  It is the inspiration for my half scale model.

I thought I had seen a dura-craft version rehab here on the forum.. but I went looking for it and realised it was this one.

Similar but not not a Dura-craft bash as I first thought... helps if you read the captions the first time round...:blush:

2 hours ago, 1martinimomma said:

Lawanda, are you in Texas?  San Antonio is only a couple of hours from me and my Lady Anna house came from the dollhouse store there.  They are the main dealer of Uncle Joe's houses.

Lawanda is in the bootheel of Missouri.

4 hours ago, 1martinimomma said:

Lawanda, are you in Texas?  San Antonio is only a couple of hours from me and my Lady Anna house came from the dollhouse store there.  They are the main dealer of Uncle Joe's houses.

My daughter lives in SA.  I try and visit the grandkids  (and her lol) as often as I can.  I can't go down there without a visit to my "candy store". Last time I was in the store they told me to plan a day "working " with them on my next trip.  The Ladies are 10Xs better than I will ever be.

Here is your house......https://sacramento.craigslist.org/clt/6141975935.html

I hope you can work out a deal. Valerie posted it here on the forum.

On 5/19/2017, 10:10:37, 1martinimomma said:

It is already put together at a doll house store in San Antonio for $10,000, and yes, you read that right.  The name they have on it is Classic Dollhouse.  I would like to keep my eye out for one on ebay.  I looked through RGT website but didn't see it there.

Classic Dollhouse

3 minutes ago, miniaddicted said:

I had a ball building this as a bed & breakfast a few years ago!

Bed & Breakfast

Wow, you house is over the top.  Everything including the kitchen sink is top notch.  Now, it makes me want that house even more.  Although I think I would go broke decorating it.  Do you still have it?

2 hours ago, 1martinimomma said:

Well, crap-a-doodles.   I am in Texas and the house is in CA.  That is a great price on the house too!  I would have jumped on if it was someplace in TX.  I didn't see where they said they would ship it.

Contact them and see if they would ship. The house looks sturdy enough to be shipped by a novice. 

So, they want $300 for the house and $200 for the supplies to finish it.  Add another couple of hundred for shipping, I think I going to have to pass.  That's just a little to rich for my blood.  My kids already think I have gone crazy with my dollhouse addiction.  I inadvertently told one of my daughters I paid a $100 for a Bespaq used bedroom set she almost had a heart attack.  Note to self:  no more letting kids know how much of their inheritance is now in mini's.  So, the daughter says, I guess I will go after the dollhouse furniture instead of the real furniture when you pass on.  Yep, that would be smart move.

• Like 2