Adhesive

angt29

What seems to be the favorite product for sticking things non-permanently to a dollhouse?  I'm getting read to be able to add things like door knobs and my mailbox.  Obviously anything that is structural on my house is being glued on, but I don't want to glue on those kinds of things in case I want to change them later.  I think I saw something about a wax type of thing?  I just don't want it to leave bad stains on the house if I decide to take them off.  I presume whatever it is you guys use is acid free?  I'm sorry I ask such basic questions; I literally know nothing!

Glue Dots. They have temporary and permanent ones. In the Glue section at Michaels or any craft store. Love them.

Personaly, I do not like the museum wax at all! It's mostly for horizontal not vertical applications. I'm constantly scraping that mess off of donations made to the club. It's gross.

I use Bards tacky wax, comes in a little black container, sold at hobby lobby in the dollhouse section. I used to work in a dollhouse shop...a lot of the inventory was from the 80s and 90s. The owners had used "blue tack" for everything....so awful, it stained and was hard to get off wallpaper etc.  The tacky wax will melt though, in the sunlight. You might try a dot of tacky glue. If it's applied lightly you could probably still just pop/pry your item off with a little pressure from behind. I was going through my mouse cottage yesterday, spring cleaning and gluing things down. That's what I resorted to, just a small drop of glue. Keeps things down but technically still removable. 

I would most assuredly NOT use a temporary adhesive on items like doorknobs, I would use the tacky glue.  For things I want to stay put bu be movable I use well-kneaded bits of poster putty.